Iowa Hwt Stoll gunshot in the knee

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ah, so you think it's ok to run from the cops from the scene of a crime if it doesn't involve a gun?

I don't think it's comparable is all I'm saying. I'm a hunter so I'm not anti gun by any means but to lie to the people who protect us when a gun shot is involved is a big deal IMO

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think it's comparable is all I'm saying. I'm a hunter so I'm not anti gun by any means but to lie to the people who protect us when a gun shot is involved is a big deal IMO

So do you think it's ok to run from the cops, from the scene of a crime, if it doesn't involve a gun? Of course at the point when Peavy ran, the cops had no clue if there was a gun involved or not. You think that's ok?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So do you think it's ok to run from the cops, from the scene of a crime, if it doesn't involve a gun? Of course at the point when Peavy ran, the cops had no clue if there was a gun involved or not. You think that's ok?

I don't think what Peavy did was OK

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think what Peavy did was OK

Yeah, running from the cops away from the scene of a crime to save your own skin, while the cops have no idea if you have a gun on you or not, is definitely not ok. I'd say it's probably worse than the victim of an accident lying to cops to save his buddy from trouble.

• Friendly
Reactions: Exorcyzed

losinglion100

Jan 11, 2018
I guess we should play a prank....get shot...leave the scene(so there is no scene of a crime)...lie to the cops...lie again

Yes, that makes it soooooo much better.....

Guns and alcohol are bad

Leaving the scene of the crime is bad

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
He lied to the people who protect us and was a huge douche bag at nationals. He's not the saint you project him to be

I don't think he's a saint. I don't expect or think that's true of most college athletes at any school. He's hardly the demon you're making him out to be and that's my only real point.

• Disagree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
At least you're not pretending to not be a Hawkeye fan anymore

Your world where everything that happens in Ames is great and every Cyclone coach and athlete is the best, classiest guy ever while our opponents are all terrible, evil people is just not the world that I live in. I think no less of Stoll than I do an ISU athlete that gets an OWI, gets a personal foul/tech foul/etc. And on top of it, I know Stoll has been great with my nephew's at a few clinics and workouts. That's the POV I come from. This sentiment that if you don't hate on everything from Iowa City, Columbia, Norman, Stillwater, etc. you must not be a Cyclone fan is a sentiment I will never understand.

To each their own I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your world where everything that happens in Ames is great and every Cyclone coach and athlete is the best, classiest guy ever while our opponents are all terrible, evil people is just not the world that I live in. I think no less of Stoll than I do an ISU athlete that gets an OWI, gets a personal foul/tech foul/etc. And on top of it, I know Stoll has been great with my nephew's at a few clinics and workouts. That's the POV I come from. This sentiment that if you don't hate on everything from Iowa City, Columbia, Norman, Stillwater, etc. you must not be a Cyclone fan is a sentiment I will never understand.

To each their own I guess.

I don't think all their athletes are terrible. I think Lee is not only an unbelievable wrestler but he's a good kid who's great for the sport. Stoll was always known as a classless baby before all this went down

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't think all their athletes are terrible. I think Lee is not only an unbelievable wrestler but he's a good kid who's great for the sport. Stoll was always known as a classless baby before all this went down
Reminds me of Steve Mocco.