Iowa Game Prediction Thread

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would have said Iowa 20 and ISU 10. Now I’m the opposite. Cade being immobile is a huge concern and we can’t run the ball at all. Defense also seemed to have taken a significant step back than what we have seen the last few years. I think it is still a good defense, but not elite like the last couple of years.

I didn’t watch ISU but they handled UNI with ease.
The one area I think Iowa should be really concerned is the blitz. In the first half ISU pummeled Day. ISU has fast aggressive blitzers at all 3 levels and Heacock looks like he is going to let em loose this year. I'm sure they are licking their chops at a banged up Cade. If they can knock him out it's going to be really tough on Iowa. But blitzing against UNI isn't the same as Iowa, so we'll see.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
The one area I think Iowa should be really concerned is the blitz. In the first half ISU pummeled Day. ISU has fast aggressive blitzers at all 3 levels and Heacock looks like he is going to let em loose this year. I'm sure they are licking their chops at a banged up Cade. If they can knock him out it's going to be really tough on Iowa. But blitzing against UNI isn't the same as Iowa, so we'll see.
Cade is ’banged up’?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Probably about the same, not sure of a score but I would've predicted an ISU win. A week ago I might have bumped the point total up.

You might have been the only person on the planet that would have picked ISU to beat Iowa before the season started.

Iowa is ranked 25, and ISU predicted to finish next to last in the Big 12. ISU coming off a nightmare of an offseason in which they lose their starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG.

And you would have picked ISU over your beloved Hawkeyes you’re always bragging about? Somehow I don’t believe that.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You might have been the only person on the planet that would have picked ISU to beat Iowa before the season started.

Iowa is ranked 25, and ISU predicted to finish next to last in the Big 12. ISU coming off a nightmare of an offseason in which they lose their starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG.

And you would have picked ISU over your beloved Hawkeyes you’re always bragging about? Somehow I don’t believe that.
I'm always bragging about my beloved Hawkeyes? Lol. Show me those posts.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cade is ’banged up’?

No…. but it’s obviously already their built in excuse if they lose.

That doesn’t quite work when you’re going up against a team without its starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG. In addition to a 2nd string OL too.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

That doesn’t quite work when you’re going up against a team without its starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG. In addition to a 2nd string OL too.
Lol, yes he is.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

He had a play where he could have easily ran for 15 yards and decided to throw the ball away. Not an excuse at all, but Cade can’t run for sure.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

:rolleyes:

McNamara is clearly injured. Sounds like you have your excuses ready though.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What's wrong with their qb? Knee?
Reaggravated knee injury.

• Haha
Reactions: clonedude

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Lol I fully expect him play completely out of his ass.
This is my biggest fear. Like the way Iowa basketball came out last winter blazing 3s against us. And you absolutely know that if they start feeling it, Brain will run it up as much as he can because he needs to pad stats.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
21-17 Iowa but I feel a lot better about our chances than I did before the UNI game.

I think the offensive lIne does us in, with Iowa throwing in some defensive wrestling wrinkles to exploit it and Becht's youth. I think Iowa will be able to make us one-dimensional with Scheelhaase not being seasoned enough to counteract it. I fully anticipate our line to be the weakest unit for either team.

The defense will ball out but McNamara proves to be a huge improvement over his predecessors. I have a sneaky feeling ill-timed penalties and game management play a factor in our demise. On the latter Campbell will waste a TO that comes back to bite him later.

Bright spot is Becht shows poise in the face of adversity and STs show they are for real and prove to be more of a strength than a weakness.

Looking later in the year this game will stand out as one we probably had a better chance of winning later in the year. At the same time it proves to be a developmental one that leads to more conference wins later in the year.

Before UNI I thought this was a 3-5 win team (4-5) until I saw differently. At this moment I think we are closer to a 6-7 win team, with an outside chance at 8. I think we play reasonably well in a loss. And that's okay.
Question for you-do you think our OL is better than last year?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Reaggravated knee injury.

I've been hearing from the Iowa media and fans for weeks that it is a quad injury, not a knee. I think even Cade himself said it was. He said it was getting a lot better after the game Saturday too.

Rocco went down in the game on Saturday too with muscle cramps.... he might not be 100% either.

Tyler Onyedim, our best DL, also went out with an injury Saturday.

Guess what? All kinds of guys on both sides are dinged up... deal with it.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Help Support Us

Become a patron