Iowa Football Recruiting

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
This is a well made point, however, considering that 95% of these games are in the B1G West, that number doesnt mean as much. A ******* MAC team would consistently have a winning record in the old B1G west.

As far as head to head goes, it would help if CMC didnt go full on ****** against Iowa every year
lol B10 West 28-8 vs MAC since 2015.

Edit: B12 is 8-6 vs the MAC since 2015. Whoof.

Last edited:

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Probably accurate. I don’t see either team scoring more than 17.
Typically 17 or just about is enough to win this game. Iowa's been very conservative in this game and let Iowa State make the mistakes. If Rocco doesn't turn it over and plays well they likely win. Taylor could be a big loss for this game in particular. Have you heard anything about Dakin?

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Typically 17 or just about is enough to win this game. Iowa's been very conservative in this game and let Iowa State make the mistakes. If Rocco doesn't turn it over and plays well they likely win. Taylor could be a big loss for this game in particular. Have you heard anything about Dakin?
Taylor has definitely been a difference maker in this game. I hear Dakin might have a bigger leg but isn’t as refined as TT at pinning the ball, not many are though. Hoping with it being at Kinnick it’ll be tougher for the ISU offense.

Reactions: GoHawks

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Taylor has definitely been a difference maker in this game. I hear Dakin might have a bigger leg but isn’t as refined as TT at pinning the ball, not many are though. Hoping with it being at Kinnick it’ll be tougher for the ISU offense.
I will give you this, Kinnick has been a tough place for any offensive production, both for the home and away teams

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Here is a symbolic representation of Iowa football trotting out their offense. KF has a pretty big leash to keep it under control (not that it is all that threatening).

1716675363721.png

Reactions: RagingCloner

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Here is a symbolic representation of Iowa football trotting out their offense. KF has a pretty big leash to keep it under control (not that it is all that threatening).

View attachment 129478
I keep going back to this: Will KF want the new guy to put up huge numbers and make Brian look even worse and like Kirk should have cut him loose a long time ago? Not a chance.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I keep going back to this: Will KF want the new guy to put up huge numbers and make Brian look even worse and like Kirk should have cut him loose a long time ago? Not a chance.

That's exactly where I'm at. If the Iowa offense lights up the scoreboard this year... that will just make Brian look even worse. Not sure KF will want that. My guess is that KF will want to win games just like he did last year... all on defense and special teams... and a not very productive offense.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Rocco and Cade each threw 1 INT last year... but Rocco's was a pick 6... and that was the entire difference in the game. It was a freshman mistake.