Iowa Football Recruiting

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
How does everyone think the polls will be adjusted once the B1G finally comes back? I've heard there was talk about reinserting the teams into their preseason spot, but nothing concrete. Would be looking at:
#2 - OSU
#7 - PSU
#12 - Wisc
#16 - Mich
#19 - Minn
#24 - Iowa

• Dumb
Reactions: Cytown12

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
How does everyone think the polls will be adjusted once the B1G finally comes back? I've heard there was talk about reinserting the teams into their preseason spot, but nothing concrete. Would be looking at:
#2 - OSU
#7 - PSU
#12 - Wisc
#16 - Mich
#19 - Minn
#24 - Iowa
Imo, they shouldn't be reinserted until they play their first game.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
#2 - OSU
#7 - PSU
#12 - Wisc
#16 - Mich
#19 - Minn
#24 - Iowa
Is Bateman back in for Minny?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

At least until after they play their first game. Maybe not until they've played two or three.

We will know a LOT about all the other teams in the poll, but we won't know a single thing about any of these B1G teams until they play a few games.

• Dumb
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I'm sort of there as well, but I'm also one that never really liked AP preseason polls or to begin with. Always thought they should wait until after 3 weeks in to put one out. But the more I think about it, it's just a fun poll anyway. It shouldn't really have any influence on things since we now have what is supposed to be an independent playoff poll.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm sort of there as well, but I'm also one that never really liked AP preseason polls or to begin with. Always thought they should wait until after 3 weeks in to put one out. But the more I think about it, it's just a fun poll anyway. It shouldn't really have any influence on things since we now have what is supposed to be an independent playoff poll.

The preseason poll though.... nobody knew how any team really was yet.... it was a level playing field.

When the B1G finally starts playing, we will know a TON about all the other teams by then, but still know nothing about the B1G teams yet. I think the B1G teams shouldn't be in the poll until they've played 2 or 3 games to be fair.

• Dumb

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
The preseason poll though.... nobody knew how any team really was yet.... it was a level playing field.

When the B1G finally starts playing, we will know a TON about all the other teams by then, but still know nothing about the B1G teams yet. I think the B1G teams shouldn't be in the poll until they've played 2 or 3 games to be fair.
You want the polls to wait until mid November so the B1G teams have 3 games under their belt to rank them?

NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

I don't really see why it matters. The SEC teams haven't played yet but are in the poll. It's just a poll and doesn't really matter until the end of the season anyway.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Trying. I have a hard time thinking the NCAA won't make exceptions for these guys that signed with agents with everything going on. But, its the NCAA....
Personally I wouldn't mind allowing players as long as agents didn't give players or their families anything.

• Agree

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Personally I wouldn't mind allowing players as long as agents didn't give players or their families anything.
For sure. Hard part will be investigating that. Not sure how many guys would be impacted, maybe call it 20 that singed with agents. I really doubt you see an audit happen in those cases. If you do, good luck having them cleared for games through November.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron