Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Lol no. National AP voters said ISU was better

And thats pretty much the only ranking/metric that said that.

What would last year rank in best seasons for ISU program history? Top 5? Top 10? Top 25?

You tell me, appears to be only the second time in school history that the team won 8 games and won a bowl game in the same season. Yikes, thats sad.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't think this season was one of the best in program history. I'm asking where you would rank it since you keep saying that

Not sure on the number but it would be pretty high. You have said the bowl game is the most important of the season. This being only the second time in school history that ISU won at least 8 games and won a bowl game in the same season....i dont think you are being honest with yourself about how good this season was for ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not sure on the number but it would be pretty high. You have said the bowl game is the most important of the season. This being only the second time in school history that ISU won at least 8 games and won a bowl game in the same season....i dont think you are being honest with yourself about how good this season was for ISU.

I think you're letting ISU being the best team in the state this year really hurt your judgement. Yeah ISU finished the season as a top 28 team but saying it's the best in program history because of 8 wins when they used to play fewer games is pretty dumb

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I think you're letting ISU being the best team in the state this year really hurt your judgement. Yeah ISU finished the season as a top 28 team but saying it's the best in program history because of 8 wins when they used to play fewer games is pretty dumb

ISU wasnt the best team in the state last season and you know that. It was a lot closer than it has usually been in the past 15ish years though so congrats on that!

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
The AP and Coaches poll both said ISU was better but OK buddy!

You never use a poll in which the coaches vote unless you are cherry picking all conference selections.

Iowa won the head to head on the road and finished with the same amount of wins while playing a much tougher schedule. Only a homer that cannot be objective would say ISU had the better season.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You never use a poll in which the coaches vote unless you are cherry picking all conference selections.

Iowa won the head to head on the road and finished with the same amount of wins while playing a much tougher schedule. Only a homer that cannot be objective would say ISU had the better season.

Hey if you want to go AP voters and Coaches homers have at it buddy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Let’s see, what if twins is late 40s to early 50s from Carroll. Yb is about late 20s. I would not be suprised if we find out many years from now that Twins had a tryst, after visiting the old dump named kinnick around his college days, with a Hawkeye coed and buddy turns out to be his son.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
O-Line U

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/which-school-is-olu-these-five-programs-can-stake-a-claim

FARRELL'S VERDICT: IOWA
The Hawkeyes have a great group in the NFL currently and they have done a great job consistently producing offensive linemen without being a blue blood program like some of the others. Iowa has long been respected for this under Kirk Ferentz and it deserves the title with guys such as Bulaga, Scherff and Yanda leading the way.

Last edited:

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
O-Line U

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/which-school-is-olu-these-five-programs-can-stake-a-claim

FARRELL'S VERDICT: IOWA
The Hawkeyes have a great group in the NFL currently and they have done a great job consistently producing offensive linemen without being a blue blood program like some of the others. Iowa has long been respected for this under Kirk Ferentz and it deserves the title with guys such as Bulaga, Scherff and Yanda leading the way.

Really have a lot of respect for Farrell. He is one that really does his homework.