Iowa Football Recruiting

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
Completely agree. These Hok trolls have been spouting off for weeks how their team is light years ahead of ours and now have trouble walking back all that bull****.

Are you bragging about a close game? Moral victory?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Baylor, Kansas, ISU or Tech would be my guess.

So why are you arguing with me. You think Tech is a bottom of the Big12 teams as do I. I guess I think ISU is better than you do. Until Tech beats ISU I'm gonna think ISU is 66-10 better than them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So why are you arguing with me. You think Tech is a bottom of the Big12 teams as do I. I guess I think ISU is better than you do. Until Tech beats ISU I'm gonna think ISU is 66-10 better than them.

Because you said ISU "gets" to play Texas Tech but Iowa only "gets" to play Illinois like Purdue for some reason is better than Texas Tech in your delusional mind.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Because you said ISU "gets" to play Texas Tech but Iowa only "gets" to play Illinois like Purdue for some reason is better than Texas Tech in your delusional mind.

ISU gets to play the bottom 3 in the conference (which you and I both think includes Tech). Iowa only gets to play 2 of the Bottom 3. I wish we got to play all 3 bottom feeders in the BigTen.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
Tech is ahead of Indiana, Maryland, Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers on Sagarin. I just can't get over you say ISU gets the luxury to play a bottom feeder like Texas Tech but Iowa only gets the luxury of Illinois and left out Purdue.
lololol

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Sounds like the redshirt is coming off Wirfs this weekend.

I would guess Welsh will start at RT and then Wirfs will spell him a few series. With Ike done for the year and Boone not 100%, I would not be surprised if Jackson and Wirfs are the starting OT's against PSU.

Those guys are going to be great book ends on the OL for the next 3+ years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I would guess Welsh will start at RT and then Wirfs will spell him a few series. With Ike done for the year and Boone not 100%, I would not be surprised if Jackson and Wirfs are the starting OT's against PSU.

After seeing Wirfs in person that dude is huge

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I think both of those guys will be really good, but not sure they will get there this year.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Would be very surprised if Wirfs is starting for PSU when they don't need him to. With Myers almost all the way back him and Render will start at guard and they will keep Welsh at RT.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Would be very surprised if Wirfs is starting for PSU when they don't need him to. With Myers almost all the way back him and Render will start at guard and they will keep Welsh at RT.

Myers isnt 100% I dont think he will be unless he takes time off. There was concern that his injury that was lingering throughout camp would make him miss significant time this season.

If you are burning the RS on Wirfs, it makes sense to play him.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Myers isnt 100% I dont think he will be unless he takes time off. There was concern that his injury that was lingering throughout camp would make him miss significant time this season.

If you are burning the RS on Wirfs, it makes sense to play him.

I would assume they will play him but asking him to start after playing a little vs North Texas is asking a lot of a true freshman.

I swear I read Kirk said Myers was almost all the way back.