Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Has JP said when single game tickets go on sale? Seems weird they haven’t opened them up yet. I wonder what the strategy is there.
I think he tries to sell as many season ticket packages as possible.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I think he tries to sell as many season ticket packages as possible.
I wonder if they try to hit a certain number of season tickets every year before selling single game tickets or if they just go by a given date like 3 weeks before the season starts to release them. Wonder when they released them in seasons past?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
IA is very capable of winning double digit games this year. They just need him to be a threat.
Talked to a good buddy of one of the players parents last night. I know it’s third hand, but he mentioned the player said Labia should be started not Petra’s. Thought that last year also. But said you know, and shrugged his shoulders. (Meaning it’s who Kirk likes better).

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
IA is very capable of winning double digit games this year. They just need him to be a threat.
He wasn’t a threat last year and they still won 10 games. Iowas defense and special teams was so elite last year that their offense didn’t matter.

Iowa’s best win ended up being @ Iowa State and we were just an average team last year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He wasn’t a threat last year and they still won 10 games. Iowas defense and special teams was so elite last year that their offense didn’t matter.

Iowa’s best win ended up being @ Iowa State and we were just an average team last year.
Yeah I do think Iowa probably has a little tougher schedule this year and have to replace some pieces but could still see them somewhat close to last year.
I wouldn't be shocked to see them undefeated @tOSU for a big noon kickoff or GameDay.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I do think Iowa probably has a little tougher schedule this year and have to replace some pieces but could still see them somewhat close to last year.
I wouldn't be shocked to see them undefeated @tOSU for a big noon kickoff or GameDay.
It’s certainly possible. That Michigan game would be huge. All I know is for that game I’m hammering the under. That one’s got 10-6 written all over it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s certainly possible. That Michigan game would be huge. All I know is for that game I’m hammering the under. That one’s got 10-6 written all over it.
It'll be a night Kinnick game. I'll take the Hawks getting title game revenge.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When it comes to twitter, I see idiots from both fan bases far more than I care to. It's Twitter's model.
Twitter brings out the worst of the fanbases because it’s easily accessible to find compared to message boards and one bad post spreads like wildfire.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I'd be pleasantly suprised if Iowa wins 10 games this year. Schedule this year is more than a little tougher imo. Not only was the quarterback play not good but across the board offensively. It's going to be tough for defense and special teams to replicate positions they put the offense in last year. The defense will no doubt be solid again though but will they get all the turnovers on the other teams doorstep no less? Special teams replacing Jones and Shudak is a big mystery too but going to be critical for the way we play. I think 7 wins is more likely than 10 but I'll settle on 8-4

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd be pleasantly suprised if Iowa wins 10 games this year. Schedule this year is more than a little tougher imo. Not only was the quarterback play not good but across the board offensively. It's going to be tough for defense and special teams to replicate positions they put the offense in last year. The defense will no doubt be solid again though but will they get all the turnovers on the other teams doorstep no less? Special teams replacing Jones and Shudak is a big mystery too but going to be a critical for the way we play. I think 7 wins is more likely than 10 but I'll settle on 8-4
I like how Iowa's schedule is setup though:
ISU is sandwiched by SDSU and Nevada.
Michigan is sandwiched by @Rutgers and @Illinois.
@tOSU is sandwiched by a bye and NW.

And Sconnie comes to Kinnick.

Layout wise that's as best as you could hope for with the opponents, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan92

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I like how Iowa's schedule is setup though:
ISU is sandwiched by SDSU and Nevada.
Michigan is sandwiched by @Rutgers and @Illinois.
@tOSU is sandwiched by a bye and NW.

And Sconnie comes to Kinnick.

Layout wise that's as best as you could hope for with the opponents, IMO.
I don't get it? Those are 12 tough games any way you lay them out.