Iowa Football Recruiting

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
All I’m saying is you don’t know because you’re not Saban. ISU has brought in kids that didn’t have commitable offers. Yes, they wanted them…they just liked one other kid a little bit better and needed to wait for his decision first.

Maybe Proctor is gods gift to OLs. Maybe he’s a no brainer top 5 pick, 15 year pro and certain nfl hall of famer. Or maybe Saban likes one player a little bit more and is slow playing him. We don’t know.

Heck, Purdy went on an OV to Bama and we have plenty of people that claim his offer wasn’t commitable.
Ha wow, I thought initially you were trolling for fun in the first post but it turns out you’re just dense or in denial. Proctor has everything you could ask for in a tackle prospect. There’s absolutely zero reason to doubt his offer is commitable.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He most likely does, but you never know. I doubt he’s #1 on Bama’s board. Saban doesn’t just go by the recruiting service rankings.
Watched Blindside last night, according to my sources he does.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Ha wow, I thought initially you were trolling for fun in the first post but it turns out you’re just dense or in denial. Proctor has everything you could ask for in a tackle prospect. There’s absolutely zero reason to doubt his offer is commitable.
And you have reading comprehension issues. I’m not the one who said he didn’t have a commitable offer stated as fact. All I said was that it was absolutely possible Saban (the guy who pretty much has his pick of any player in America) liked another kid better. Not fact, just a possibility. I know it’s blasphemy to say that about someone who has everything anyone could possibly want in a Tackle prospect, but I said it anyway.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Don't get me wrong. I'm jealous about Iowa having a shot at Proctor. But I tried to watch him closely when Ankeny beat Southeast Polk last year and I wasn't that impressed. It didn't seem like he had a very big impact on the game. Then again, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to observing offensive linemen.

Watched him against CR Prairie last year and he wasn't dominating against Prairie's MUCH smaller D-line. SE Polk barely won as Prairie missed a game winning FG at the end.

As an ISU fan... I'd still love to see him at ISU though!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Watched him against CR Prairie last year and he wasn't dominating against Prairie's MUCH smaller D-line. SE Polk barely won as Prairie missed a game winning FG at the end.

As an ISU fan... I'd still love to see him at ISU though!
Gavin and Tate both had big impact of the edge for Ankeny. Tate actually came from everywhere but Gavin was exclusively off the edge.

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
And you have reading comprehension issues. I’m not the one who said he didn’t have a commitable offer stated as fact. All I said was that it was absolutely possible Saban (the guy who pretty much has his pick of any player in America) liked another kid better. Not fact, just a possibility. I know it’s blasphemy to say that about someone who has everything anyone could possibly want in a Tackle prospect, but I said it anyway.
copium-stop-coping.gif

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29 and Frak

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Let me elaborate here. This is a list or OTs who Bama has or will have on OVs.

Tyree Adams #21
Miles McVay #17
Samson Okunlola #3
Francis Mauigoa #1
Kadyn Proctor #2
Wilkin Formby #10
Olaus Alinen #15

Now, some of those are likely OG's. And most teams take two OTs per class, but I don't think that I'm the one in denial here. Maybe Saban is holding a spot for Proctor no matter what. Or maybe he likes a guy or two slightly better and is waiting on their decision before really pushing. Unless you've seen their board, it's ridiculous to think just because Proctor visited, he's automatically their top target. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Bama recruits at a level most of us regular fans can't comprehend. And Saban hasn't gotten where he is by just grabbing the top guy at each position in the 247 rankings.

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: cyputz and 1776

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Tyree Adams #21
Miles McVay #17
Samson Okunlola #3
Francis Mauigoa #1
Kadyn Proctor #2
Wilkin Formby #10
Olaus Alinen #15

Now, some of those are likely OG's. And most teams take two OTs per class, but I don't think that I'm the one in denial here. Maybe Saban is holding a spot for Proctor no matter what. Or maybe he likes a guy or two slightly better and is waiting on their decision before really pushing. Unless you've seen their board, it's ridiculous to think just because Proctor visited, he's automatically their top target. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Bama recruits at a level most of us regular fans can't comprehend. And Saban hasn't gotten where he is by just grabbing the top guy at each position in the 247 rankings.
I get your point but don't think it's too realistic that KP couldn't commit right now if he wanted. Apparently he and Saban have been speaking every week through the spring, the Bama OL coach texts him daily, their recruiting insiders are pumped that he narrowed his list to 2 right after his Bama visit. That doesn't sound like a guy being told they're going to wait and see. I personally don't like any of this and do think he ends up at Bama.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I get your point but don't think it's too realistic that KP couldn't commit right now if he wanted. Apparently he and Saban have been speaking every week through the spring, the Bama OL coach texts him daily, their recruiting insiders are pumped that he narrowed his list to 2 right after his Bama visit. That doesn't sound like a guy being told they're going to wait and see. I personally don't like any of this and do think he ends up at Bama.
On top of that, why would he narrow his choices down to two schools with one of those non committable.

I was initially more encouraged that Oregon was eliminated and I guess still am but I think Alabama has closed the gap on Iowa. I’ll be greatly concerned if he hasn’t committed within a week of or two of the official visit at Iowa.

DunkeyFeller

May 22, 2022
On top of that, why would he narrow his choices down to two schools with one of those non committable.

I was initially more encouraged that Oregon was eliminated and I guess still am but I think Alabama has closed the gap on Iowa. I’ll be greatly concerned if he hasn’t committed within a week of or two of the official visit at Iowa.
Why would you be concerned about that? It would be a pretty big surprise if he commits that soon after the OV.

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Tyree Adams #21
Miles McVay #17
Samson Okunlola #3
Francis Mauigoa #1
Kadyn Proctor #2
Wilkin Formby #10
Olaus Alinen #15

He's a take. End thread.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
All I’m saying is you don’t know because you’re not Saban. ISU has brought in kids that didn’t have commitable offers. Yes, they wanted them…they just liked one other kid a little bit better and needed to wait for his decision first.

Maybe Proctor is gods gift to OLs. Maybe he’s a no brainer top 5 pick, 15 year pro and certain nfl hall of famer. Or maybe Saban likes one player a little bit more and is slow playing him. We don’t know.

Heck, Purdy went on an OV to Bama and we have plenty of people that claim his offer wasn’t commitable.
Youre missing a giant part of my statement. Its June. Saban isnt keeping a recruit on the backburner for 6 months after an official visit.

Compare that to the 1.5 weeks between Purdy taking an official visit to Bama and signing day.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Why would you be concerned about that? It would be a pretty big surprise if he commits that soon after the OV.
I guess my hope is the official visit is just a formality for him and a chance to recruit the others coming in that weekend. I’m hoping that was a big reason for him cutting the other visits that he knows he’s coming to Iowa already and wanted to get others in the fold.

If he doesn’t commit within a week or two then he’s genuinely considering Alabama. And the longer it goes on the more appealing Alabama becomes, in my opinion.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Youre missing a giant part of my statement. Its June. Saban isnt keeping a recruit on the backburner for 6 months after an official visit.

Compare that to the 1.5 weeks between Purdy taking an official visit to Bama and signing day.
So what’s Saban telling the other 6 top 25 rated OTs that visited?

He’s not putting anyone on the back burner for 6 months. But he might do it for a few weeks. I just find it funny that Saban is obviously slow playing tons of blue chip players, but there’s no possible way in hell he could ever do that to the Iowa kid.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That I agree with. I just think some people are a little naive to how recruiting works at the absolute highest level.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Man I think some of you missed the sarcasm piece of Alabama not being a committable offer.
Read what the person said a couple of posts later. Seems like the guy was being sarcastic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron