Iowa Football Recruiting

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I wouldn’t be too butt hurt if I were an Iowa State fan about Breece not getting drafted in the first round. Iowa State is likely to get 4 to 6 players drafted. That will go a lot further with recruits then finally getting a first round pick.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
I wouldn’t be too butt hurt if I were an Iowa State fan about Breece not getting drafted in the first round. Iowa State is likely to get 4 to 6 players drafted. That will go a lot further with recruits then finally getting a first round pick.
@7Got6 what’d you mean by “racially insensitive” in a previous post?

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
@7Got6 what’d you mean by “racially insensitive” in a previous post?
I’d prefer not to derail the thread but my personal view surrounds intent. Racism is overt and intentional vs racial insensitivity is more ignorance. I’ll wait for some of you to tell me how my personal view on the matter is wrong now and sending the thread further off topic.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I’d prefer not to derail the thread but my personal view surrounds intent. Racism is overt and intentional vs racial insensitivity is more ignorance. I’ll wait for some of you to tell me how my personal view on the matter is wrong now and sending the thread further off topic.
Wow

So you are saying Doyle shouldn’t have been fired then, right?

• Dumb
Reactions: criticalobserver

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t think you’re wrong there, but I do think you’re wrong that Wallace, Brian and Doyle were simply being ignorant.

The accusations made against them align more with overt racism than being insensitive.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With the annual weak schedule iowa plays, they underachieve most years.
Iowa overachieves. They go into games with one hand tied behind their backs because of how terrible their offense is most years and then they still win 8-10 games.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I don’t think you’re wrong there, but I do think you’re wrong that Wallace, Brian and Doyle were simply being ignorant.

The accusations made against them align more with overt racism than being insensitive.
And that is yet more proof of Iowa fan doesn’t really care about the actions of their coaches. They never did

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
“Racial insensitivity” is a white mans ignorant excuse for not wanting to accept their “insensitivity” is actually…wait for it…racism

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I got to say, disappointed and honestly shocked Rose didn’t get drafted. He is a really good football player and I’m a fan of how he plays. Going into the season I thought he was day two material and didn’t think he had a bad year. Did he have a terrible combine or something? Interested to get ISU fans thoughts.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I got to say, disappointed and honestly shocked Rose didn’t get drafted. He is a really good football player and I’m a fan of how he plays. Going into the season I thought he was day two material and didn’t think he had a bad year. Did he have a terrible combine or something? Interested to get ISU fans thoughts.
Injuries. He didn't play in the bowl game, didn't run at combine or pro day. He'll get his shot with the Chiefs.

• Informative
Reactions: 7Got6

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This. Falling a few picks out of the 1st doesn't really matter...especially when he was RB1 anyway. Teams just don't draft RBs that high unless they have a major need and the player is a generational talent. ISU will get a lot of traction out of getting 4 players drafted.

Same thing with people laughing it up about Purdy being Mr. Irrelevant. Four players drafted is four players drafted. Doesn't matter if one was the last pick of the 7th round. Guessing Tyler Goodson would have loved to be Mr. Irrelevant. So would Alan Lazard.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8