Iowa Football Recruiting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don’t think BF is going to be the future HC. If anything, this extension almost ensures that as Barta’s more likely to retire before KF at this point. I think it buys BF time to put together at least some somewhat marketable offenses before taking another OC position or job in the NFL.
I think it locks it down for BF to be the next. I think KF will agree halfway through to step aside if BF gets it. Will say you can save money with him at 4-5MM and I won’t need a buyout.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So KKKirk created this personal advisory committee, to help him. So hawk fans what does he need help with? He’s got a new contract, and a 10 win season. Besides the high power offense he has, what does he need a committee for to help him with? When was the committee formed? When was Doyle given his buyout?

Sounds like he may “hand pick” new committee members. If this doesn’t exude him trying to coverup/hide the racism issues that he has, you guys are totally blind, dumb, or just plain ignorant.

@Halincandenza what? No answers to my questions? Your as gutless as @Nate STANley is.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think it locks it down for BF to be the next. I think KF will agree halfway through to step aside if BF gets it. Will say you can save money with him at 4-5MM and I won’t need a buyout.
I could see him pulling a Bo Ryan.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kirk isn't going to quit mid season or leave very early if he doesn't finish that contract.
Dude went to court over paying a landscaping bill.
His kid lived in subsidized housing while on scholly.
He took his bowl bonus during COVID.
Money matters to him.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Kirk isn't going to quit mid season or leave very early if he doesn't finish that contract.
Dude went to court over paying a landscaping bill.
His kid lived in subsidized housing while on scholly.
He took his bowl bonus during COVID.
Money matters to him.

There will definitely be a buyout associated with his retirement.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t think BF is going to be the future HC. If anything, this extension almost ensures that as Barta’s more likely to retire before KF at this point. I think it buys BF time to put together at least some somewhat marketable offenses before taking another OC position or job in the NFL.
Yeah that ain’t happening man lol

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

I agree with the Barta part. I think he retires before KF. But if there’s a discussion of the worst OC’s in Division I, BF is in it. Why would he ever be in the running for one of 32 NFL OC positions if he’s not even in the top 120 college OC’s?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Obviously not a HC or OC position but I bet he could land another position coach gig.
Yeah no lol. Maybe if Urban Meyer was coaching he could get hired for a day, but after people would realize he was hired he’d instantly get let go.

I feel like you don’t understand the magnitude of this situation..

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah no lol. Maybe if Urban Meyer was coaching he could get hired for a day, but after people would realize he was hired he’d instantly get let go.

I feel like you don’t understand the magnitude of this situation..

I don’t think it’s that they don’t understand the magnitude, it’s that they don’t care.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t think it’s that they don’t understand the magnitude, it’s that they don’t care.
I think it still comes down to the lack of full accountability throughout this entire thing. Neither Kirk, Brian or other staff involved were punished for the actions and because of that, most Iowa fans believe this entire thing is a big nothing burger.

To make matters worse, the man in charge of everything received a raise and an extension. Morally inept institution.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Obviously not a HC or OC position but I bet he could land another position coach gig.
I'm sure there is a middle school or high school that would take a flyer on Brian.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron