Iowa Football Recruiting

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I am comfortable saying he is good. He would slot in at probably a top half RB in the Big 12, so that means he is good.
He would have been in the mix for a top half RB in 2020 (2021, probably yes).

He would have been behind Hall, Chuba, Brown, Vaughn, Robinson (an absolute stud in the making), Stevenson. The guy that got run at the end of the year for OSU is going to be a stud too.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
He would have been in the mix for a top half RB in 2020 (2021, probably yes).

He would have been behind Hall, Chuba, Brown, Vaughn, Robinson (an absolute stud in the making), Stevenson. The guy that got run at the end of the year for OSU is going to be a stud too.

I am not a Vaughn fan. I think he was aided statistically by being the only functional piece of that offense considering Thompson and the UNI TE were hurt for huge portions of the season. Stevenson is unquestionably a better player but he played even less games than Goodson.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I am not a Vaughn fan. I think he was aided statistically by being the only functional piece of that offense considering Thompson and the UNI TE were hurt for huge portions of the season. Stevenson is unquestionably a better player but he played even less games than Goodson.
You can look at that both ways. I think Vaughn will be even better without a very limited QB and if they can find some other weapons to take the pressure off of him.

He was very good at times.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Don’t know how a team could pass on 6’5 250lbs running under a 4.6. Very good blocker, started getting utilized later in the season. Chances are he gets drafted.

I mean, maybe he does based on measurables and the schools reputation for TEs, but his actual production was not impressive. He had 11 catches for 158 yards and 1 TD in 7 games this past year. On an offense that wasn't great. If he was this big weapon, you'd think that he would have gotten the ball more. Blocking is important, but if he's getting drafted based on his size/speed ratio, why didn't they throw to him more? I didn't watch every iowa game, but the ones I did, he didn't stand out as being anything above pedestrian.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I mean, maybe he does based on measurables and the schools reputation for TEs, but his actual production was not impressive. He had 11 catches for 158 yards and 1 TD in 7 games this past year. On an offense that wasn't great. If he was this big weapon, you'd think that he would have gotten the ball more. Blocking is important, but if he's getting drafted based on his size/speed ratio, why didn't they throw to him more? I didn't watch every iowa game, but the ones I did, he didn't stand out as being anything above pedestrian.
Have you seen Brandon Smith’s measurables and his production this year? A lot of that falls on the guy that was throwing the ball this year.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
My point is that comparing all Iowa’s receiving options to ISU’s without Hutch is silly. If he didn’t exist the other guys numbers would obviously be better. So the idea that Iowa’s players numbers are much better in that case is a great example of how ISU has much better options out there.

This is all hoks have, twist the numbers, find some obscure angle where they can say there numbers our good.

Next thing it will be "Well if you take out games played <35 degrees, our punter led the nation in net yards".

It's because their season was YAWN. Don't care why, could be because they were YAWN, could be because they played in a screwed up conference, whatever. But what they can't do is say "Look at the incredible season we had" like ISU can.

So they need to toil in meaningless statistics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron