Iowa Football Recruiting

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hall is playing behind an OL that couldnt beat out a bunch of very average seniors last year and that is somehow a good thing? Twist yourself like a pretzel to explain that logic.

Downing and Newell were both starters. Treiber and Hufford were true Freshmen. Apparently CMC felt Meeker was good enough to give Ramos another year to develop.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Downing and Newell were both starters. Treiber and Hufford were true Freshmen. Apparently CMC felt Meeker was good enough to give Ramos another year to develop.
Downing and Newell are pretty good. I don’t know about Ramos. I think he’s decent but I haven’t seen much that stands out about him.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Fine, Logan Jones is a better pro prospect than Linderbaum.
Have you even seen Jones play a snap in college ball? Linderbaum is being touted as one of the top lineman in the Big 10. That’s very good considering the Big Ten is the best OL conference in the country.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
This is what happens when you try to have an intelligent conversation with idiots.
Right, sorry. Accidentally thought I was having a conversation with the guy below. He was bigtime into intelligent conversations. Happy to hear that ISU has a plethora of OL talent. I'll look forward to watching them develop. Really like Newell myself.

@Lemmiwinks, I just noticed on 24/7 Kyle Williams was Kkkirk's high rated recruit ever. How did he work out? I only ask because you seem to be really into these rankings.
Not sure what a guy 15 years ago has to do with this, but yeah, he was definitely a bust. Probably more so because he turned out to be a scumbag vs an actual talent issue, but I digress. I too was surprised a highly rated player could become a bust, but I've seen one or two more occurrences since then across CFB.

Regarding the "rankings", I'm more of an offers guy myself. Which I thought was the SOP around here as well, but might have changed. Hard to keep up. Even though this new guy just picked up a good offer from one of the more respected B12 programs, I'll still be cautiously optimistic on talent if we land him. Certainly has the right starting pieces with size and athleticism though. Also guessing it might be a while before he sees the field with what *would be* is in front of him.
Bonecrusher Williams is relevant because Hokkk land continues to pound our recruiting rankings, and this guy is Kkkirk's crowning achievement. Your highest rated comitt in his 21 year tenure.

Reactions: 1776 and STCoach

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
How bad are your skill position players if this is true? You guys are by far the worst offensive P5 conference
It’s really only receivers. The Big Ten has multiple Running Backs, Tight Ends, and QB’s starting in the NFL.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s really only receivers. The Big Ten has multiple Running Backs, Tight Ends, and QB’s starting in the NFL.
So you have the best OL of all conferences and you're fine at RB, TE and QB but because of your WRs are so bad it makes you guys the worst offensive conference in CFB?

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
So you have the best OL of all conferences and you're fine at RB, TE and QB but because of your WRs are so bad it makes you guys the worst offensive conference in CFB?
That and being pretty much even with the SEC for best defensive conference.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron