Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ohio St. was an elite offense. OU was an elite offense. Nobody else in the Big12 or Big10 had an elite offense.

The next tier down for the Big12 offensively put up good numbers because they play Big12 defenses. I mean ISU was #5 in the big12 offensive and they averaged over 32 PPG vs Big12 opponents. ISU managed 26 total points in 2 games vs top 20 defenses in Iowa and ND.
Oklahoma State's offense wasn't elite? Texas wasn't? What about school's like UCF, SMU, or Memphis? Not good because they play against poor defenses. Why do some fan bases love to pop up their conference like it's the holy grail? Lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You are correct. They had scored and then recovered an onside kick and he was injured on the 1st play after the onside kick.

4 sacks and 8 TFLs makes it a painful day for USC qbs
Yeah Iowa dominated the LOS. I feel like you're thinking I'm saying Iowa would've lost the game. I've made my statement a few times regarding this saying what happened, happened, Iowa won, but it probably would've been an interesting game if Slovis would've stayed been healthy.

May 18, 2020
Changed the game
Yep. Iowa single-handedly impacted the game by getting to the QB. Great adjustments by Parker and great effort by the Iowa players. That was a complete team win (against a very talented USC team)....which was the perfect ending to a very good season for Iowa. Go Hawks!

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Yeah Iowa dominated the LOS. I feel like you're thinking I'm saying Iowa would've lost the game. I've made my statement a few times regarding this saying what happened, happened, Iowa won, but it probably would've been an interesting game if Slovis would've stayed been healthy.
No - My response was directed to CyTwins. It probably would have been interesting. USC was having a difficult time stopping Iowa.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Oklahoma State's offense wasn't elite? Texas wasn't? What about school's like UCF, SMU, or Memphis? Not good because they play against poor defenses. Why do some fan bases love to pop up their conference like it's the holy grail? Lol

Where I am propping up the Big10? I never said the Big10 had a bunch of elite offenses, they didn't. Neither did the Big12 though. It isn't like Big12 defenses were running up against elite offenses week after week, they weren't. ND didn't have any problem stopping ISU offense, but Big12 defenses did. ISU's offense was "statistically" better than the ND offense going into the game. Did it play out that way in the bowl game? No it didn't because ND had a very good defense and ISU had a Big12 defense. So the team much further down the rankings offensively looked like an offensive juggernaut vs the Big12 defense. The Big12 offense didn't look as impressive as it usually did vs a real defense.

May 18, 2020
Iowa wasn't stopping Slovis either
They did stop Slovis. They sent him to the bench. When good teams (i.e. Iowa and Notre Dame) start to dominate the line of scrimmage, the opposing team QB will always be at risk of getting knocked out, if they don't learn to feel pressure and protect themselves. Again, great adjustments by Parker to get more pressure. Go Hawks!

May 18, 2020
Yeah they did, they beat him up so badly til he couldn't keep playing. I'd say that is most effective way to stop a player.
Cytwins is going to need to take a loooooong breather on the bench just like Purdy (towards end of ND game). He is getting beat down bad today.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
They did stop Slovis. They sent him to the bench. When good teams (i.e. Iowa and Notre Dame) start to dominate the line of scrimmage, the opposing team QB will always be at risk of getting knocked out, if they don't learn to feel pressure and protect themselves. Again, great adjustments by Parker to get more pressure. Go Hawks!

If you can't protect your QB, and you drop back to pass the ball 28 times in the first half alone, you are begging for trouble.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Cytwins is going to need to take a loooooong breather on the bench just like Purdy (towards end of ND game). He is getting beat down bad today.

CyTwins loves his troll jobs. He just goes from one to another to another. When they get massacred he simply makes up a new one. Just like the Hankins in the Portal troll.

What will he come up with next week?

Last edited:
May 18, 2020
CyTwins loves his troll jobs. He just goes from one to the other. When they get massacred he simply make up a new one. Just like the Hankins in the Portal troll.
At least we're making him work. He can't sit on one of his outrageous trolls too long, or he probably risks losing his base support on this site.