Iowa Football Recruiting

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You struggle with this whole “English language” thing, don’t you? Iowa is one of Fidone’s finalists. So he’s already a “potential Hawkeye”.

Genius.
My goodness you're dense. Wouldn't the fact that we are one of his finalists make him a "potential Hawkeye" ? Most, including me, didn't think we had much of a chance with him. Now, with some things we've seen and heard in the last couple of weeks, I think we have a shot at landing him.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I said right away after I talked to someone he wasn't a take. This was well before he committed to Iowa. Nice try
I'm sure Iowa State lost interest in Beau Stephens as well? Cronk wanted nothing to do with ISU.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I told Kakert ages ago that he was full of crap. Before he ever started posting for that site. After all those years, my opinion hasn’t changed.
Well I guess you sure told him. Good job. He's never been the same.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
My goodness you're dense. Wouldn't the fact that we are one of his finalists make him a "potential Hawkeye" ? Most, including me, didn't think we had much of a chance with him. Now, with some things we've seen and heard in the last couple of weeks, I think we have a shot at landing him.
I’m dense? ROTFLMAO!

You really just had to double down, didn’t you? You could even make sense of my simple, straightforward statement versus your own. Dimwit.

“TRYHARDER”? Do not try. Do.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I’m dense? ROTFLMAO!

You really just had to double down, didn’t you? You could even make sense of my simple, straightforward statement versus your own. Dimwit.

“TRYHARDER”? Do not try. Do.
LOL. You want to patrol message boards for typos and grammar. Be my guest. It will keep you busy.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So are ISU fans disappointed with CMC early recruiting class? I mean right now the ISU class has an average rating of .833, which is considerable lower than CMC's last 3 classes (.852, .853, .848).

More importantly though there are very few P5 offers to the kids who have committed so far. I mean to have a few of those is fine, heck the Hawks always have several of them. To have the vast majority of ISU's commits not having any other P5 offers though is a big concern, or it would be for me.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So are ISU fans disappointed with CMC early recruiting class? I mean right now the ISU class has an average rating of .833, which is considerable lower than CMC's last 3 classes (.852, .853, .848).

More importantly though there are very few P5 offers to the kids who have committed so far. I mean to have a few of those is fine, heck the Hawks always have several of them. To have the vast majority of ISU's commits not having any other P5 offers though is a big concern, or it would be for me.

Nope. He's proven to be a great talent evaluator

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ferentz has proven to be 100x better at that than CMC, but I would still be upset if the majority of our first 10 commits didn't have any other P5 offers.

Not really. Campbell doesn't have a hole in his evaluations like Ferentz does with RB and WR

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Which position on special teams does he struggle with? I mean our punter tore his Achilles. Special teams was more of a coaching issue than recruiting issue IMO
Lol. Kicking is always an adventure for you. Def some coaching issues. No argument from me there.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not really. Campbell doesn't have a hole in his evaluations like Ferentz does with RB and WR

What players with 0 P5 offers has CMC been so successful with? The most successful CMC guys have had other P5 offers. I mean Montgomery had an Illinois offer, Purdy had offers, Bailey had offers, Lima had offers, Kolar had an Oklahoma St. offer, Downing had offers. I mean the only ones I can think of off the top of my head is Butler and Rose.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol. Kicking is always an adventure for you. Def some coaching issues. No argument from me there.

Assalley is an 80% FG kicker. I don't think he's a good special teams coach but I don't think he has holes in his evaluations like Ferentz

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What players with 0 P5 offers has CMC been so successful with? The most successful CMC guys have had other P5 offers. I mean Montgomery had an Illinois offer, Purdy had offers, Bailey had offers, Lima had offers, Kolar had an Oklahoma St. offer, Downing had offers. I mean the only ones I can think of off the top of my head is Butler and Rose.

Yeah getting Purdy over Bama and A&M was huge

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Players with no other offers or one offer that are/were good outside of Rose and Butler

2016:
Payne
Wirtel
Soehner (only an Illinois offer)
Johnson (only a Rutgers offer)

2017:
Vance
Hummel
Newell (only Iowa)
Eaton (only WVU)

2018 and 2019 are probably too early to to tell but I know Johnson and King didn't have any P5 offers

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron