Iowa Football Recruiting

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I haven't seen him miss a kick that I remember

What was going to happen differently in the Wisconsin game? I mean they rushed for 300 yards and dominated the game. They were never in danger of losing
Iowa just needed a stop at the end and didn't get one. Not having Kristian Welch at MLB was a huge factor there. Taylor is one of the best backs in NCAA history. Stopping him at the end of a game without your SR MLB is a tall task.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa just needed a stop at the end and didn't get one. Not having Kristian Welch at MLB was a huge factor there. Taylor is one of the best backs in NCAA history. Stopping him at the end of a game without your SR MLB is a tall task.

So if Iowa gets a stop at the end they win?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Says every internet troll about their own team. Keep the excuses coming cause everyone has one about how their team lost a game.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Am I the only one who gets a Gary Busey vibe from Jim Harbaugh? I look at the guy's eyes and honestly have no idea who's really at the wheel.

Lay off Gary Busey. I saw the poor guy die several times...Seagal punched him then blew him up in Under Siege, the Predator took him out in the second movie (Danny Glover is my witness), he messed with Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon...then that real life motorcycle crash without a helmet...dude has had it rough!

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So if Iowa gets a stop at the end they win?
Without a doubt. "consensus All-American" kicker Keith Duncan is a weapon. You don't think one of our guys would run into our punt returner do you? That would be just stupid.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Without a doubt. "consensus All-American" kicker Keith Duncan is a weapon. You don't think one of our guys would run into our punt returner do you? That would be just stupid.

So IF you stop a running back that destroyed you all day and IF your QB who isn't good could get you into field goal range you'd have a chance to kick a FG? Lol sounds realistic!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If they could have fielded the punt and got the ball back, then yes, I think they would have won.

Well that's a huge if when Wisconsin ran for 300 yards. Iowa had under 300 total yards and was 1 for 9 on 3rd down. What makes you think they move it down the field?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lay off Gary Busey. I saw the poor guy die several times...Seagal punched him then blew him up in Under Siege, the Predator took him out in the second movie (Danny Glover is my witness), he messed with Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon...then that real life motorcycle crash without a helmet...dude has had it rough!

He did get to hit it in 1980 with Annette O'Toole in "Foolin' Around", so it hasn't been all bad. She was smokin'.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If they could have fielded the punt and got the ball back, then yes, I think they would have won.

The Officials literally gave Wisconsin that game, re watch the 2 point conversion play and Sargent was the lead blocker and was kept from making his block by the official. I have heard on this site you can blame officials for a loss, so that is what happened here for sure.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So IF you stop a running back that destroyed you all day and IF your QB who isn't good could get you into field goal range you'd have a chance to kick a FG? Lol sounds realistic!
Like I said. Taylor is one of the best ever. He ran thru our defense like Pooka Williams ran thru yours.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Missing our stud MLB Kristian Welch hurt us a lot that day.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You're lack of depth is always going to be an issue under KF. Just be happy you play a cupcake schedule!
Was anybody out in the middle of your defense vs Kansas? I hope so. Pooka Williams looked like a Heisman contender that day.