Iowa Football Recruiting

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
You guys have been on here saying he wasn’t that good since he committed.

So do you understand how dumb you sound now? Doubtful, but I’m trying to help you.

I don’t know how good he is. I’ve never seen him play and I’ve never said he wasn’t good. Iowa takes one QB a year and had theirs early. You’re putting words in my mouth that I’ve never said or even hinted at.

So do you understand how dumb you sound now? Doubtful, but I’m trying to help you.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Yeah. I mean ISU hasn’t signed a QB that Bama offered in over a year...oh no

What does the investment ad say? Past success is in no way an indicator of future success? Certainly both teams have proven to be able to hold a recruit with Alabama in the mix, Nixon and Purdy. Iowa at least has lost a recruit after offered by Alabama, Ross P. I was just saying it adds a dynamic.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don’t know how good he is. I’ve never seen him play and I’ve never said he wasn’t good. Iowa takes one QB a year and had theirs early. You’re putting words in my mouth that I’ve never said or even hinted at.

It’s fascinating that you have a game today, yet here you all are.

You care more about Iowa State, than you do your own team, I won’t say alma mater as we both know that isn’t true.

Seriously, though every one of you (since you are no different than benj and buddy) has worked so hard to diminish this commitment.

It’s as logical as you all saying how Campbell is not that good, and then in the next breath are sure he’s going to get a job that’s 100 times better than Iowa.

But again, it’s pathetic you’re here begging for acceptance to begin with, but that you’re here on a day when your team has a game is even sadder.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
It’s fascinating that you have a game today, yet here you all are.

You care more about Iowa State, than you do your own team, I won’t say alma mater as we both know that isn’t true.

Seriously, though every one of you (since you are no different than benj and buddy) has worked so hard to diminish this commitment.

It’s as logical as you all saying how Campbell is not that good, and then in the next breath are sure he’s going to get a job that’s 100 times better than Iowa.

But again, it’s pathetic you’re here begging for acceptance to begin with, but that you’re here on a day when your team has a game is even sadder.

No kidding. On game days I sit and focus on what I can do to help the team. It’s really important. I then wait for the coaches to call me and we discuss the game plan.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Northern Illinois is the only school Iowa held off for Nixon.
giphy.gif

Reactions: breck53

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
And their OC.

I think that was the first full game I've watched Purdy. Does he always throw 99% of his passes to <5 yard routes in the flat? No wonder he has such a nice completion %. I don't think he made one good 15-yard throw the entire game.

• Agree
Reactions: BLHawk

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I think that was the first full game I've watched Purdy. Does he always throw 99% of his passes to <5 yard routes in the flat? No wonder he has such a nice completion %. I don't think he made one good 15-yard throw the entire game.

Not according to @Statefan10

He said it was the Iowa coaches that make Stanley's job so easy with predetermined throws and Purdy often threw difficult passes in tight windows after going through progressions.

Both QB's had talent to throw the ball up to, however a lot of Purdy's throws came where he'd go through his progressions and pick out a target. On the contrary, a lot of Stanleys throws were designed routes to get one guy open. There were tons of roll outs to TE's and WR's dragging across the middle as well as three step fade routes. Essentially, low risk throws where the ball was either going to the guy or was going to be incomplete.

Iowa rarely puts Stanley in positions to fail. They know his strengths and weaknesses. A lot of his passes are predetermined, in which he's either going to look for one, maybe two guys before he throws it away. It's definitely not a bad thing and it's worked out well for him.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY and IASTATE07

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

No, normally goes down field and will run on about 1/3 of his chances. OC kept things very basic to keep from from getting hit. Very unusual game

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No, normally goes down field and will run on about 1/3 of his chances. OC kept things very basic to keep from from getting hit. Very unusual game

He didn't run at all and nearly every pass he threw was <5 yards from the LOS. The few times he threw it downfield looked really bad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron