Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
During this time frame, Iowa has done the same things if not more of them than ISU is all I am saying, so I am not seeing the momentum and hype. Attention yes, and it is deserved, but that is not hype that is respect. And I respect the hell out of ISU and Campbell right now.
I wouldn't say that during the time frame of three years Coach Campbell and Coach Ferentz have done the same things when looking at the specifics. Disregarding H2H matchups, Coach Campbell is 5-8 against top 25 opponents. He's beaten three top 10 teams, two of them being top 5. Two of his five ranked victories have been done on the road. Four of the eight ranked losses he has suffered came in his first year as head coach.

In the last three years, Kirk Ferentz is 4-7 against top 25 opponents. He's beaten two top 10 teams, two of them being in the top 5. None of those ranked victories have come on the road. The overlying difference between these three seasons by both coaches is that for Coach Campbell those were his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons at Iowa State. It was year 18, 19, and 20 for Ferentz at Iowa.

Reactions: CyTwins

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Recruiting, it would be a wash though. And I am saying it regarding national attention. It will be a what have you done for me lately thing and ISU will fall back if they have another above average season instead of a huge 10-2 type year.

This is an extremely dumb take.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well Iowa did win 9 games last year and felt just barely above average.
That's because you guys didn't have a ranked victory and only good win was against Iowa State. Beating Miss. State in the bowl game saved Iowa and their fans from calling for Kirk's head. Iowa fans think that they should be winning 10, 11, 12 games a year, when in reality, 7, 8 ,9, is the more likely outcome.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I think the difference is, in those publications/predictions its more of a ho-hum, Iowa is back in the top half of the 25. where as ISUs are more like "I know, you're as shocked as I am that I'm writing this" stuff. The verbage is a little bit more welcome to "hype" than Iowa just being Iowa again. If that makes sense.

So I guess a welcome to the club is in order? IDK. I think it is kind of
This is an extremely dumb take.

If Nebraska makes the big 10 title game and ISU finishes 4 or 5 in the big 12, who will get more attention?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I wouldn't say that during the time frame of three years Coach Campbell and Coach Ferentz have done the same things when looking at the specifics. Disregarding H2H matchups, Coach Campbell is 5-8 against top 25 opponents. He's beaten three top 10 teams, two of them being top 5. Two of his five ranked victories have been done on the road. Four of the eight ranked losses he has suffered came in his first year as head coach.

In the last three years, Kirk Ferentz is 4-7 against top 25 opponents. He's beaten two top 10 teams, two of them being in the top 5. None of those ranked victories have come on the road. The overlying difference between these three seasons by both coaches is that for Coach Campbell those were his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons at Iowa State. It was year 18, 19, and 20 for Ferentz at Iowa.

Why disregard head to head? Why not add in bowl game victories, draft picks, award winners, etc.?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That's because you guys didn't have a ranked victory and only good win was against Iowa State. Beating Miss. State in the bowl game saved Iowa and their fans from calling for Kirk's head. Iowa fans think that they should be winning 10, 11, 12 games a year, when in reality, 7, 8 ,9, is the more likely outcome.
Miss. State was ranked

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So I guess a welcome to the club is in order? IDK. I think it is kind of

If Nebraska makes the big 10 title game and ISU finishes 4 or 5 in the big 12, who will get more attention?

Nebraska would obviously get more attention but I'm really confused where you are going with this. It would literally have zero bearing on the national status of CMC or the Iowa State football program and what it has to sell moving forward.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron