Iowa FB 2024-28 B1G Opponents Announced

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Money can’t buy happiness. Or wins on the gridiron. After all, half of the teams will have losing records. Not the best use of money, but hey, live it up.
Can’t buy wins but you’re not spending it right if you think it cant buy happiness lol

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Obviously it's not a PSU, tOSU, Michigan level gig. But it's an upper-half B1G program that has a whole lot of money, elite facilities and resources, and historically offers ridiculous job security for those who want it. Still, if a young climber were to come in and achieve great success, I have no doubt it would be a stepping stone for them to something bigger/better in the B1G or SEC. But there's no denying it's a pretty plum job that's going to be able to throw a lot of $$$ at any new HC.
Upper half, its not a better job than OSU, PSU, or Michigan, the four new schools are all better jobs, so is Wisconsin, that puts us at 8 schools. So now we are in the middle, I would say that Nebraska is a better job, and MSU is better considering recruiting in state. Now we are at 10 schools.

EIU is better than Purdue, NW, Minnesota, Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers, without a doubt, I am not sure they are a better overall job than Illinois, which I think could be a sleeping giant.
EIU offers job security or has in the past, but that is not guaranteed for the next coach, not sure anyone but an EIU fan would say they have elite facilities, they are par with most of the conference, not elite, but not horrible either. All the Big easy schools have plenty of money.

• Haha
  • Dumb
Reactions: 7Got6 and Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
v. Illinois St.
v. Iowa St.
v. Troy
@ Minnesota
@ Ohio St.
v. Washington
@ Michigan St.
v. Northwestern
v. Wisconsin
@ UCLA
@ Maryland
v. Nebraska

Fun schedule.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
v. Illinois St.
v. Iowa St.
v. Troy
@ Minnesota
@ Ohio St.
v. Washington
@ Michigan St.
v. Northwestern
v. Wisconsin
@ UCLA
@ Maryland
v. Nebraska

Fun schedule.
As Iowa is a winnable game for sparty I’m pretty happy it’s after they play OSU and Washington

Reactions: Gonzo

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
v. Illinois St.
v. Iowa St.
v. Troy
@ Minnesota
@ Ohio St.
v. Washington
@ Michigan St.
v. Northwestern
v. Wisconsin
@ UCLA
@ Maryland
v. Nebraska

Fun schedule.

I see 7 wins there without hardly having to break a sweat. Not like the 9 or 10 gimmee's you get now, but still bowling.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
Upper half, its not a better job than OSU, PSU, or Michigan, the four new schools are all better jobs, so is Wisconsin, that puts us at 8 schools. So now we are in the middle, I would say that Nebraska is a better job, and MSU is better considering recruiting in state. Now we are at 10 schools.

EIU is better than Purdue, NW, Minnesota, Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers, without a doubt, I am not sure they are a better overall job than Illinois, which I think could be a sleeping giant.
EIU offers job security or has in the past, but that is not guaranteed for the next coach, not sure anyone but an EIU fan would say they have elite facilities, they are par with most of the conference, not elite, but not horrible either. All the Big easy schools have plenty of money.

I don't mean to jump on you, but I feel like I've been hearing this my entire life. They've only had 4 seasons of 8 wins or more in the past 30 years. I think they are what they are at this point.

OSU, Michigan and Penn State (and probably a few of the newcomers) will always be at the top. I think what determines the ranking of the rest will be how deep the NIL wells will be at these programs. We're just too early in this era to know how that will all shake out. Just my opinion.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don't mean to jump on you, but I feel like I've been hearing this my entire life. They've only had 4 seasons of 8 wins or more in the past 30 years. I think they are what they are at this point.

OSU, Michigan and Penn State (and probably a few of the newcomers) will always be at the top. I think what determines the ranking of the rest will be how deep the NIL wells will be at these programs. We're just too early in this era to know how that will all shake out. Just my opinion.
EIU went 20 seasons without a winning season, there is no reason that Illinois cannot be better than what they have been. Lots of good football players come out of the state, could go into St. Louis area, only large state school in the state and they have plenty of money.
They have just never got the right coach that could use what they have, not saying it's impossible, but if Iowa can win at the level they have, there is no reason in the world to think that Illinois could not do the same.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The most popular hockey chat was, the ref Fs sheep. We didn’t think they actually did, we did it because we knew it irritated them
Minny fans chant “We Hate Iowa” when they aren’t even playing Iowa though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron