***Iowa Dual (Saturday, Dec 10th)***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Yep. We subsidize that **** channel all year and then they want more money to actually show something on it. Good thing they have all those alternate channels that never get used.

5:00 - MBB - UConn at Ohio State
7:00 - HKY - Minnesota at Mich State

I'll cut BTN a small amount of slack, because that's actually somewhat legitimate programming tomorrow night. But still, the alternate channel is showing the same thing.

The dual couldn't happen tonight because Bluder had a WBB game. That's too bad, because the 8:00 feature on BTN was Georgia Southern/Minnesota MBB. Yawn.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
5:00 - MBB - UConn at Ohio State
7:00 - HKY - Minnesota at Mich State

I'll cut BTN a small amount of slack, because that's actually somewhat legitimate programming tomorrow night. But still, the alternate channel is showing the same thing.

The dual couldn't happen tonight because Bluder had a WBB game. That's too bad, because the 8:00 feature on BTN was Georgia Southern/Minnesota MBB. Yawn.

I have something like 5 alternate channels for the BTN. If they wanted to show this they certainly could have. Instead, they choose to fleece the state for more money to watch something that was free to watch for many years.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Yep. We subsidize that **** channel all year and then they want more money to actually show something on it. Good thing they have all those alternate channels that never get used.

And people in this state wonder why the sport of wrestling is dying.

I would be careful about that last sentence. No television network shows more live wrestling than the BTN and it isn't even close--and it is a national network at that. Also, no other media source has more wrestling content than the BTN, television or internet. Since the BTN started the amount of live wrestling available has increased exponentially. I love the sport but am not able to travel much so then BTN has been a bit of a godsend for me. So I would be careful about pointing the finger at the BTN for contributing to the death of wrestling.

That said I haven't a clue why they only use overflow channels for football.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I would be careful about that last sentence. No television network shows more live wrestling than the BTN and it isn't even close--and it is a national network at that. Also, no other media source has more wrestling content than the BTN, television or internet. Since the BTN started the amount of live wrestling available has increased exponentially. I love the sport but am not able to travel much so then BTN has been a bit of a godsend for me. So I would be careful about pointing the finger at the BTN for contributing to the death of wrestling.

That said I haven't a clue why they only use overflow channels for football.

I assume it costs money for them to make the alt channel active. Maybe they don't think they'll get enough money to cover it

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
And make sure to remember that next year when people are complaining about paying that same amount to Cyclones.TV if they don't have mediacom.

I called the company that administers the CycloneTV and requested a refund within an hour of signing up because I determined they weren't even covering the Harold Nichols Open. Only six home wrestling events all season and they didn't even cover the first and biggest one. SMH

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I called the company that administers the CycloneTV and requested a refund within an hour of signing up because I determined they weren't evening covering the Harold Nichols Open. Only six home wrestling event all season and they didn't even cover the first and biggest one. SMH

They've never covered it, and have never advertised doing so. To assume they were without looking into it first is your own fault.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Its 10$. Come on thats nothing

It's more the principle than the money. If I'm already paying for multiple BTN channels through my TV provider, why should it be necessary to fork over additional money because the BTN can't/won't use the channels that it already has in place?

Reactions: Judoka

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
It's more the principle than the money. If I'm already paying for multiple BTN channels through my TV provider, why should it be necessary to fork over additional money because the BTN can't/won't use the channels that it already has in place?

Same here. I pay $10 to watch a dual a couple of times each season since that's generally the going rate for a 1 month subscription to schools' streaming sites. But other schools aren't already making me pay as part of my cable subscription.

WildMan

Oct 26, 2016
10$ isnt worth crying about. You can avoid the weather outside, sit on your couch in your whitey tighty's, get drunk, eat cheetos and yell at your TV. Sounds good to me...

I do miss PBS however. I remember constantly adjusting our rabbit ears so i could get the best possible picture of the dual meets back when they were competitive. Times have changed certainly

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
Truthfully if you cant afford Flo Pro and Big10+, maybe you should spend less times on message boards and more time focusing on your careers.

So is Downey Wretling Brooks tonight? That's the only match that interests me

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Can we get some more predictions for the dual? It could be closer than most realize.

We are going to lose and it might be by a lot. In wrestling you don't generally get beat by low level teams then waltz into the biggest home mat advantage in the country and come out with a win.

Based on his Twitter we won't see Downey. He seems to hurt his ribs a lot.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Can we get some more predictions for the dual? It could be closer than most realize.

I'll play....
125 - Gillman MD Simmons 0-4
133 - Hall DEC Laux 3-4 (an upset here would not surprise me at all though, unfortunately)
141 - Carton DEC Meeks 3-7 (similarly, would not surprise to see this one go the other way)
149 - Sorenson MD Straw 3-11
157 - Kemer MD DiBlassi 3-15
165 - Gunther DEC Pestano 3-18
174 - Meyer DEC Spoon 3-21
184 - Brooks MD Powell 3-25 (Downey over Brooks if he wrestles)
197 - Harrington DEC Wilke 6-25
HWT - Holloway DEC Smith 6-28

I could see this being closer as we definitely have shots at 141, 165 174, 184 and HWT. At the same time, it could easily be a shutout.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Truthfully if you cant afford Flo Pro and Big10+, maybe you should spend less times on message boards and more time focusing on your careers.

So is Downey Wretling Brooks tonight? That's the only match that interests me

Kemerer and DiBlasi could be an interesting match. Fundamentals vs funk. I expect Kemerer to win, but the contrasting styles...

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Go figure -- someone with Huskerfan as a username has poor reading comprehension. I repeat: