If you had to make a choice.....

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I could handle option D, but Gilstrap as a 6th year senior > Ejim as a freshman.
How about option E: same as C, but Boozer and Pomlee decide to walk-on for a year (along with Bubu, Dorr, and Doug McD), and we sign Ejim and Phillips.
wait wait and......

the women make it to the title game as well and knock off an undefeated UConn team....

wait what choice would that be?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Probably keeping CB. Have to think a 4th year CB > than a true frosh HB for that single season.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
ohh tough choice, i would probably choose HB simply because it would not only mean the publicity and future recruits seeing success here from Craig, but also the huge publicity to ISU with the arrival of Harrison and him going to the NBA, just thinking of the Cyclones in the "Big Picture" here

That's my pick too. You get two names associated with us. Having two straight seasons of placing someone in the NBA would open some doors for us after they were gone.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I'd have to go with Harrison. Mainly because I don't think he'll be one-and-done no matter where he plays. It seems to me that he's got both feet firmly on the the ground and his head isn't in the clouds, either. Education is high priority to him, so I'm betting wherever he goes they'll get 2-3 seasons before he turns pro.

I could be wrong, it has happened before.:twitcy:

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I would take HB for one year over CB returning another year. The HB commitment would be huge and might lead to other great players putting ISU on their radar.

Plus, the way you wrote the choice, KU would benefit under the first scenario, so it is not really apples to apples comparison.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Between those 2 strict choices, I think HB would be better for the future of ISU and so I choose HB.

Besides -- only 2 things are worse than HB going to Kansas -- HB going to Michigan State or Iowa. Minnesota would be 4th on that list (it would feel like a slap in the face).

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
ISU with a SR Brackins and Co. would have a chance to contend for a conference title. I am not so sure that HB(as a frosh) and Co would do the same. I would have to pick CB. HB, CB and Co would probably be conference favorites!!!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Brackins is proven and has 3 years to play. That could be a final 4 team if we got everyone back.

cystud

Apr 15, 2006
Brackins definitely. As good as Barnes is, I think CB as a senior would be a superior college player than any freshman could be. CB could put a decent supporting cast (hopefully some seasoned guards that year) on his back an make a run at a conference title. Would be very hard for barnes to equal that success as a freshman.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
I guarantee. that HB stays all 4 years wherever he goes. Guarantee.

wanna CyBookie it???

I really wonder if HB is waiting to see if CB will come back for his SR. year...that could be a big yes for him coming here..also if G McD is on the hot seat like some say HB is wanting a coach that would be there for awhile...

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I would definitely choose getting Barnes. Getting the number one player in the country even if it is for just one year would undoubtedly help recruiting in the years to come. Also, we would have many games on national television for the one year Barnes was in Ames.