Huggins might be in trouble, DUI is good, Bees are bad

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Bob must have sobered up and just realized he resigned.
WV is just an F'd up athletic program at the moment. Between football and hoops what a train wreck

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is just sad. You ****** up, own it. Enjoy your millions and go fishing.

Coaches at this level often have a hard time walking away from it. If they were able to, they probably wouldn't be as successful as they are. So I get it from that standpoint. Obviously WVU only really had one choice here though.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Get stung, man, get stung.

IMG_2507_1666x.jpg

I usually like cream ale I would try that .

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Looks like Huggins and his lawyer are hanging their hat on the fact that Huggins never submitted notice of his resignation in writing directly to the AD or president as expressly stated in the employment agreement.

Also, it's interesting the lawyer says "the incident" in Pittsburgh is likely to be resolved without charges. Holy smokes, Huggins was so drunk he didn't know where he was. That's some amazing lawyering if he gets off with no charges.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This says the matter in Pittsburgh is going to be resolved without charges. Money talks??? Or somehow the officer screwed up due process??
I bet the latter. Some technicality allows him off. Happens often.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I felt the slightest tinge of sympathy initially, thinking he was probably an alcoholic perhaps from a stressful high profile job.

This just makes me want him to go to jail.

We live in a world where poor people never get a break and people with power get off driving at .21 or get charged with a first offense on their third arrest.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I bet the latter. Some technicality allows him off. Happens often.

Id be curious what that might be.

There was certainly cause to initiate with him given he was struggling with a shredded tire at the time, so they couldnt get the stop thrown away for lack of probable cause.

And even if they were able to get the breathalyzer result thrown out somehow, the testimony of the officer along with any camera footage would seem enough to get a conviction.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Id be curious what that might be.

There was certainly cause to initiate with him given he was struggling with a shredded tire at the time, so they couldnt get the stop thrown away for lack of probable cause.

And even if they were able to get the breathalyzer result thrown out somehow, the testimony of the officer along with any camera footage would seem enough to get a conviction.
It will be interesting to see how closely the body-cam footage aligns with the arrest report. I tend to be pro-cop, but it certainly wouldn’t be the first time that an arrest report was maybe a little enthusiastic in its descriptions.

It will also be interesting to see if the suggestion that there will be no charges is true or lawyerly BS in an attempt to get leverage for a quick settlement. I assume that Huggins knows there is a 0% chance he coaches this team.