How much communication do you think there has been...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
between Pollard and the Big 10? Everyone knows Pollard works "behind the scenes" we have seen it multiple times with coaching changes. Unlike Alden of Mizzou and Osborne of Nebraska, ISU has not come out publically and shown their interest in the Big 10, even though we all know its there.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
hard to say, but I'm comfortable saying ISU will be in a good spot when all is said and done....

JP and GG will make sure of it.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am guessing JP has talked to the ADs he knows in the Big 10...but I doubt it has any impact! I just don't see why ISU would be desired by the Big 10. I love ISU...but the Big 10 is looking for something more to sell...and it already has this state.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah, with his Wisconsin ties, and the fact that Jamie doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's going to take a wait and see attitude, I'm sure he's keeping track of everything that is going on, but doubt he's making any overtures to the Big 10 at this point.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I dont think JP has any say. It is the Pres Goef is the one that should be doing the work on this.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
I don't know how much conversation there has been, but I'm guessing they have been pretty short.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
The more I see on this subject, the more depressed I get. I have the impression that we have 0.00005% chance even to have the name "Iowa State" mentioned in the conversation, let alone be considered as a candidate. I would love to hear someone in authority at Ames publicly telegraph that they have been out in front of the conference realignment tsunami, just to give the faithful a little hope.

ISU on the outside of this, in my opinion, would be the ultimate "fail" for this administration. God, I hope I'm wrong

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The more I see on this subject, the more depressed I get. I have the impression that we have 0.00005% chance even to have the name "Iowa State" mentioned in the conversation, let alone be considered as a candidate. I would love to hear someone in authority at Ames publicly telegraph that they have been out in front of the conference realignment tsunami, just to give the faithful a little hope.

ISU on the outside of this, in my opinion, would be the ultimate "fail" for this administration. God, I hope I'm wrong

If you think GG and JP are not out "in front" of this then you don't know those guys very well.

ISU will be just fine.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm sure there has been a lot of communication on Iowa State's part but that's where it stops. Unfortunately, from the Big 10's perspective there is no reason to add ISU as we bring next to nothing to the table for them.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
ISU's best chance is for the Big 12 to get a couple of teams and stay intact. The Big 10 isn't going through this whole thing to add a team that doesn't add a single tv to their footprint and is already one of the lower budgets in their current conference. That would just take more money out of the hands of the current teams in the conference. There is no way the conference is interested in that.

Hate to say it but the schools that aren't NU and MU need to hitch up to Texas and hope they keep this conference together.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
It still would be interesting to know what insiders within our Athletic Department and University are saying? i.e. President Geoffroy, Jamie Pollard, Paul Rhoads, etc.. Somebody has to know somebody who knows somebody who knows. Does anybody have any type of inside information on what our lobbying position is and/or what people within our University and Athletic Department expect to happen?