How many people donated to We Will today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
What can we do to get you on board? Legit curious if anything.
Nothing, I dont believe in NIL. This is not what it was intended for when the Supreme Court ruled on it.

As far as my other reasons, society is coming at you from all angles and nickel and diming people for every last penny now. Subscription services are constantly doing this, my child's video games make me pay $5.99 to unlock certain features, even the other day I was at a bar and I'm expected to tip a guy in the restroom handing out tissues? Concert tickets are going the way of whoever bids highest now gets the best seats, etc.

People are free to do what they want with their money, but I just don't believe in it. Its horrible timing now also, people are struggling with inflation, high food prices, etc.

I also attended 2 games this year so probably contributed $500 bucks when you factor in tickets, parking, concessions at the game.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Nothing, I dont believe in NIL. This is not what it was intended for when the Supreme Court ruled on it.

As far as my other reasons, society is coming at you from all angles and nickel and diming people for every last penny now. Subscription services are constantly doing this, my child's video games make me pay $5.99 to unlock certain features, even the other day I was at a bar and I'm expected to tip a guy in the restroom handing out tissues? Concert tickets are going the way of whoever bids highest now gets the best seats, etc.

People are free to do what they want with their money, but I just don't believe in it. Its horrible timing now also, people are struggling with inflation, high food prices, etc.
Fair enough! I respect your position.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Back to OPs point, I donated last night and it looks like a lot of others did as well. I don’t like the way college football is at the moment but who cares, the machine keeps rolling whether I like it or not.

With the playoff expanding to 12 and OUT gone - now is the best time to be a cyclone football fan ever IMO. We can be legit playoff contenders year in and year out. Let’s all please just keep the momentum moving. Someone giving to the collective will only help the team we all love so much, so let’s maybe treat it that way? Please? Encouragement and positivity can go a long way even if you decide to not donate.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
The founder of the Iowa collective plopped 100k of his own cash into it as "seed" money. At least that is what he said.

There is no way we can be competitive if we don't change our tune about giving. I'm signing up for WeWill today.

Ironically, the naysayers in this thread pushed me to go for it. So thanks to them!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Super ******* easy guys, just keep your posts to yourself. I’m sorry your feelings got hurt, but we’re trying to create a culture of giving and this **** isn’t helping. Maybe put your egos aside for a second and look at the bigger picture. If you don’t think these being the first 3 replies to a thread about donating to cyclone players is actively harming the cyclones, I don’t know what to tell you.
So basically you want free speech suppressed because "it might hurt ISU"?

So all the threads ripping coaches like Manning and Myers are fine, but when people say they won't be giving but don't have an issue with others giving, that's bad?

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

So all the threads ripping coaches like Manning and Myers are fine, but when people say they won't be giving but don't have an issue with others giving, that's bad?
You have a great point.

The thread title was an actual question. "How many people donated to We Will today?"

That invited discourse. People were asked a question and invited to say yes or no. People that said "no" then are justified in giving the reason why.

Then things got chippy with the back and forth.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016

All he’s saying is that you just keep it positive because the team we all love really needs this collective to pick up steam. ISU fans not liking Tom Manning is one thing, but ISU fans disparaging others from helping our favorite team is bonkers.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Ironically, the naysayers in this thread pushed me to go for it. So thanks to them!
Could it possibly be that the naysayers are using reverse psychology on us? :D By being negative they have drawn a lot of attention to We Will Collective and has resulted in substantial donations just since this thread started. Maybe we need some more naysayers on here and they need to up their game even more, lol!

This thread has gotten 5K views and 175 replies so that's some good exposure. And oh ya, **** the hoks and their little $3M NIL fund.

Last edited:

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
Super ******* easy guys, just keep your posts to yourself. I’m sorry your feelings got hurt, but we’re trying to create a culture of giving and this **** isn’t helping. Maybe put your egos aside for a second and look at the bigger picture. If you don’t think these being the first 3 replies to a thread about donating to cyclone players is actively harming the cyclones, I don’t know what to tell you.
OP asked a question and people gave their answers. Get off of your high horse!!

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
We do need to fight the image issue here though. If we don’t raise much money, AND we have a reputation for being cheap that’s not a good combo. We have a reputation for being a loyal fanbase that has high attendance even when our team is down. We need to stop feeding any impression that ISU doesnt have the ability to raise money when needed. Perception matters.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Hard pass, refuse to participate in the micro-transaction society.
We can all hate it, this whole system is completely dumb but helping out and doing my part to help keep some key players around is worth it to me. If we all pitch in a little bit it'll go a long ways. And hopefully this system gets regulated soon, but for now this is the reality...

Or we can continue being a basement team and live up to our cheap fanbase stereotype and watch as former players excel elsewhere...

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames

Telling people to think before they post is not free speech suppression you absolute ******* moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron