How many people donated to We Will today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
You have 2 options with regards to the Collective:
1. Donate. This will help us retain talent. Hopefully you also become a positive champion for the collective by encouraging others to donate.
2. Don’t donate, don’t say anything about it. People have different priorities, it’s ok. You can still be a great fan without donating. Just keeps your mouth shut while others try to create a culture of donating to the team you love.

Thats it. Those are the two options. Anything else actively harms the Cyclones. You dont need to come on here to defend your honor or vent your frustrations about how things are today, just ignore it and move on with your day. We’re trying to create change and those kind of posts just make it harder. People on the fence about donating can either come here and see a thread full of fans celebrating each other donating and helping the team, or come here and see a thread full of excuses on why not to give.

If you chose not to be part of the solution, at least don’t become the problem.

Edit: giving directly to the player is also a great option.

Last edited:

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Iowa state asks you to give thousands for season tickets/donations. If everyone who bought season tickets set aside an extra 100 for the collective, the collective would have more than enough to pay players.
I mean… you could just give them the thousands that ISU is already fleecing off you?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Iowa state asks you to give thousands for season tickets/donations. If everyone who bought season tickets set aside an extra 100 for the collective, the collective would have more than enough to pay players.

I’ll set aside $100 and buy some merch from the players. At least then I have an idea to who/where the money is going.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
How does the NFL, NBA, MLB do it? Corporate sponsors, licensing, merchandise sales. They don’t ask their fans to just write checks. Iowa State isn’t my life. Do I hope they do well? Yea, but I’m not going to just give blindly to these collectives. I can’t justify that at all.
Our family has been a long time donor to ISU Athletics (35 years). We are still planning to donate to ISU Athletics. With the development of NIL, however, we are questioning more and more if we want to continue. Other than seating preference, there is little advantage of giving directly to the Athletic Department. Giving to NIL gives some tax advantage but little else. The resources needed to compete will be huge. I see college sports headed down a path that will challenge our ability to continue compete in at least football at the top level.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
1. Donate. This will help us retain talent. Hopefully you also become a positive champion for the collective by encouraging others to donate.
2. Don’t donate, don’t say anything about it. People have different priorities, it’s ok. You can still be a great fan without donating. Just keeps your mouth shut while others try to create a culture of donating to the team you love.

Thats it. Those are the two options. Anything else actively harms the Cyclones. You dont need to come on here to defend your honor or vent your frustrations about how things are today, just ignore it and move on with your day. We’re trying to create change and those kind of posts just make it harder. People on the fence about donating can either come here and see a thread full of fans celebrating each other donating and helping the team, or come here and see a thread full of excuses on why not to give.

You get that this is a message board? People discuss things. Discussing things requires opposing views otherwise it’s just people looking to validate their opinions.

Also, your whole statement and gaslighting is just horrible. Horrible.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

Actively hurts the Cyclones? Give me an absolute ******* break. This is a message board. What a joke.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
You get that this is a message board? People discuss things. Discussing things requires opposing views otherwise it’s just people looking to validate their opinions.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws of todays college football world. But if you start pointing out flaws about the WWC, talking down on those who donate, you are convincing others not to donate. Do you want ISU to fall behind?

I don’t understand what’s so hard to grasp. Stop the negativity, let’s all push ISU in the right direction together, whether you want to give or not

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws of todays college football world. But if you start pointing out flaws about the WWC, talking down on those who donate, you are convincing others not to donate. Do you want ISU to fall behind?

I don’t understand what’s so hard to grasp. Stop the negativity, let’s all push ISU in the right direction together, whether you want to give or not
Ya, I’m not advocating for cyclone on cyclone negativity.

I was bothered by the ‘this is the way it is, whether absurd or not. Accept it. Participate in it or STFU’ nature of the post I reposnded to.

Reactions: ISUATC and cyputz

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames

Actively hurts the Cyclones? Give me an absolute ******* break. This is a message board. What a joke.
Super ******* easy guys, just keep your posts to yourself. I’m sorry your feelings got hurt, but we’re trying to create a culture of giving and this **** isn’t helping. Maybe put your egos aside for a second and look at the bigger picture. If you don’t think these being the first 3 replies to a thread about donating to cyclone players is actively harming the cyclones, I don’t know what to tell you.

Attachments

• 7551870F-2A2C-4838-85E5-13F6923170CB.jpeg
    7551870F-2A2C-4838-85E5-13F6923170CB.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 52

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Ya, I’m not advocating for cyclone on cyclone negativity.

I was bothered by the ‘this is the way it is, whether absurd or not. Accept it. Participate in it or STFU’ nature of the post I reposnded to.
Unfortunately this is the way things are now, and we either need to step up or become a MAC school. Our rivals are still going to be cashing checks even if FerShizzle doesn’t like the way things are.

No worries if you don’t want to donate but let’s just please keep it positive and encouraging towards the ones who do

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Personally, I pay a cable bill monthly. Cable company pays the conference, and the conference pays the school. That is the extent of my financial participation, outside of the occasional Sunday afternoon BB game with my very young family.

Iowa State is a TV show. I read blogs and listen to podcasts about other TV shows too. If this TV show now requires that I pay a special subscription fee, then I’m just going to move on to the plethora of other options.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Super ******* easy guys, just keep your posts to yourself. I’m sorry your feelings got hurt, but we’re trying to create a culture of giving and this **** isn’t helping. Maybe put your egos aside for a second and look at the bigger picture. If you don’t think these being the first 3 replies to a thread about donating to cyclone players is actively harming the cyclones, I don’t know what to tell you.
ITS A ******* MESSAGE BOARD!

If you don’t know how to deal with a world where people don’t agree with you and don’t listen to your commands…

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
**** off dude. Don’t tell me how I can and can’t post on a message board. I’m not your kid. I’ll post however I see fit.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
ITS A ******* MESSAGE BOARD!

If you don’t know how to deal with a world where people don’t agree with you and don’t listen to your commands…
**** off dude. Don’t tell me how I can and can’t post on a message board. I’m not your kid. I’ll post however I see fit.

I’m just trying to understand the motive. The point of my posts are to get people to donate, the point of your posts are too..? Just hear yourself talk? Protect your honor? Justify your decisions? Idk, I just know the results don’t help the cyclones,

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I’m just trying to understand the motive. The point of my posts are to get people to donate, the point of your posts are too..? Just hear yourself talk? Protect your honor? Justify your decisions? Idk, I just know the results don’t help the cyclones,

My point is there are other ways to pay the athletes. You don’t need to donate to a collective if you don’t want to. If you do want to? Fine. But the collective isn’t the only option.

Personally, I’d rather buy a player licensed shirt with the little money I have left over after I pay all my bills than give it to a collective that does who knows what with it.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
My point is there are other ways to pay the athletes. You don’t need to donate to a collective if you don’t want to. If you do want to? Fine. But the collective isn’t the only option.

Personally, I’d rather buy a player licensed shirt with the little money I have left over after I pay all my bills than give it to a collective that does who knows what with it.
Awesome, that’s great! Paying the players directly is also a fantastic option and I should have included it.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007

Edit: giving directly to the player is also a great option.
Do you realize that the title to this thread is a question?

Reactions: Didley

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007

Just to provide clarification, the Collective gives 95 percent of funds to players. The player t-shirts and player merchandise are 50 percent at the high end. It all helps at the end of the day.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Zyklon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron