How Do You Talk?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I really want to know which specific questions people are different on because Rockford and the Twin Cities are geographically close. Why are we different?!?!

Probably because once you get near Springfield Illinois and south it gets basically the south. My mom is from southern Illinois and its a different world down there. Minus Chicago, the rest of Illinois is southern.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
Kansas City, Overland Park, Indianpolis.
You could say me and Clay Custer are basically best buds

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
Wichita, Springfield Mo, and Irving Tx.

Born/raised in St. Louis, then Iowa State, married ISU woman from Des Moines, and then 20 yrs in Dallas and Houston working.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Madison, Rockford and Ft Wayne.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Des Moines, Wichita, and Lexington. I'm wondering what answer(s) gave me Lexington since I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Also, some of you are referencing questions that I didn't have.

dtlantz

Apr 10, 2006
Maryland
Stockton, CA, Salt Lake City, and Tacoma, WA. Grew up in Iowa, been in Maryland for four years. I don't get it.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Des Moines, Wichita, and Lexington. I'm wondering what answer(s) gave me Lexington since I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Also, some of you are referencing questions that I didn't have.

Did you say "soda" instead of "pop"?

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Kansas City
Overland Park
Springfield, MO

Lived in Southern Iowa my whole life, must be a little too close to the border.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I ended up taking it twice once I discovered there were questions that I didn't get the first time. After the first test, my similar cities were Stockton, Tacoma, and SLC. After the second time, my similar cities were Des Moines, Lincoln, and Omaha. Both times, New Orleans came up as a least-similar city.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Rockford, Grand Rapids, and Toledo. I guess Rockford makes sense some I am from eastern Iowa, but I have no connection to the other two other than working in Grand Rapids once.

I thought there were a lot of colloquiaslisms that I had no idea about like night before Halloween and name for when it rains when the sun is shining. I have heard of rubbernecking, but I don't believe I have ever used the term before because I just refer to them as idiots or some other word.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Reno, Boise, and Spokane.

Weird.

Lived in the Midwest all my life and spent about 8 months in Kentucky for a coop. I guess it was pretty deep red all through the country except south of the Mason-Dixon line and in the Northeast

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron