How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
As this is the nth time this complaint has come up in the past few years, check out this thread from last year for more info on opting out the politics forums and related issues:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
and it’s always the same side of the aisle that always brings it from the cave to the main boards. It’s never the other side of the aisle. Let’s face it, politics consumes these peoples lives. I’ve been opted out of the cave since day 1, but it’s still bad.

Well there's one side that tends to think that their very political opinions aren't political (this side also tends to not go in the cave because they can't hang with facts), and the other side that gets screeched at for being "political" the second they disagree with that first side.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Well.. because there’s a handful of people on here that are constantly creating threads about how good they are and how horrible everyone else is. Then it gets bumped with perpetual agreeing among the group, until someone deviates in the slightest. In that event the thread will remain at the top of the board for days.

And there you have it.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Serious question: How did this fan site become so co-opted by politics?

I don’t visit this site every day, but it is a surprisingly small percentage about Cyclone sports. A very surprising percentage of material is just political or unrelated to Cyclone sports. What happened and is this what can be expected from now on?
Don't know for sure, but I do believe most on here are college grads; and thus are often intellectually curious, and part of that is a collegial desire to share opinions, facts as they see them, and discussions that may further their knowledge of issues. Kind of like a peer review process! First however;, I also believe, like most on here, they go to this site; above all other information sources, for the latest on our Universities Athletic prowess, as this site will generally have the news of it quicker than other sources, and certainly have inside info access that other sources do not have! But as others have indicated, it is up to you to avail yourself to the info you desire.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Well there's one side that tends to think that their very political opinions aren't political (this side also tends to not go in the cave because they can't hang with facts), and the other side that gets screeched at for being "political" the second they disagree with that first side.
Lol, many people avoid the cave because
A. It’s all an echo chamber for one side.
B. You can spend hours debating and posting, but in the end everyone loses, especially on time wasted. Nobody is going to change the other sides opinion.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Lol, many people avoid the cave because
A. It’s all an echo chamber for one side.
B. You can spend hours debating and posting, but in the end everyone loses, especially on time wasted. Nobody is going to change the other sides opinion.

I've had many political opinions change over time based on learning new facts. Speak for yourself.

Also, it's only an "echo chamber" because certain people go silent when confronted with facts. A large chunk of the current cave posters you consider an "echo chamber" are former republicans.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I've had many political opinions change over time based on learning new facts. Speak for yourself.

Also, it's only an "echo chamber" because certain people go silent when confronted with facts. A large chunk of the current cave posters you consider an "echo chamber" are former republicans.
See what I mean these people can’t help themselves:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron