FS: Hotel Room in KC

ChiefCyclone

Sep 6, 2011
Ankeny
We have a room we aren't going to use and can't cancel. It's for Thursday and Friday night only @ The Westin. $450 total. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farnsworth

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Is anyone staying at the American Inn just North of the Sprint Center?
I'm a wee bit nervous about it from the reviews.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
That's gonna be a hard sell, especially without Saturday night. If people don't have rooms yet for those two nights, I think this might be out of their price range. Probably going to have to take a heavy loss on this if you wanna sell.

Tip for next time, if you are a AAA member, you can usually get that same prepaid price with a rate that is refundable with the AAA discount so you don't run into these situations. For example, I booked two different hotels who wanted full prepayment non-refundable at Price X which AAA discount matched, so I booked both with cancellation policies of 6pm day of arrival with no penalty. So we just cancelled the one we didnt want.

Also never use discount websites on hotels (prepaid/nonrefundable/can't change dates). The hotel sites themselves can offer you the exact same price with better refund options. Use the deal sites as the search engine, then go book with the hotel directly on their own website. When booked through the hotel you could also change your dates to another set of dates in KC in the future to not waste so much money.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
each room was $350 for the two nights, or you got all 5 rooms for $350 per night? I find the 2nd one very hard to believe.
Each room is 350 for the 2 nights. I think before taxes it was $150 a night per room but add in the taxes and I think each rooms total is $353.53

Booked it 1.5 months ago through Priceline.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Each room is 350 for the 2 nights. I think before taxes it was $150 a night per room but add in the taxes and I think each rooms total is $353.53

Booked it 1.5 months ago through Priceline.

ok yes that makes sense, I saw those prices around then as well. shoulda purchased as we are farther out now near Arrowhead.