Hoks See Season Tickets Sales Dropping

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Railroading your popular play by play analyst doesn't exactly help push those on the fence to renew.

That, and I can't imagine how many times you'd want to make that drive to IC, deal with their traffic and parking limitations for several 11:00 kickoffs only to watch a FB game that has you wanting to pull you hair out in frustration with their often painful, clunky offensive production.

VegasHerky

Feb 14, 2019
Railroading your popular play by play analyst doesn't exactly help push those on the fence to renew.

That, and I can't imagine how many times you'd want to make that drive to IC, deal with their traffic and parking limitations for several 11:00 kickoffs only to watch a FB game that has you wanting to pull you hair out in frustration with their often painful, clunky offensive production.

ISU fans must be bald then.

PPG in 2018:

ISU- 26.8
Iowa- 31.2

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
ISU fans must be bald then.

PPG in 2018:

ISU- 26.8
Iowa- 31.2

Wow....my post was worth it to get your to disclosure that you use us as your bar now to determine offensive effectiveness. You know....little brother who used 3 QB's before settling in on a starter.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's because people are tired of the whole endeavor, it's happening everywhere.

Iowa has out priced their market for a crappy watered down home schedule. All of my Iowa friends who had season tickets have almost all walked away from them. It's not hard to get a single game ticket and the season tickets carry little to no resale value.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It's because people are tired of the whole endeavor, it's happening everywhere.

This.

Games are long, it takes forever to get in park/walk to the stadium, road time there and back, cost of tickets/parking/tailgating, etc

I like going to 1-2 games a year to see friends and watch the games in person but I have no need/desire to get season football tickets. IMO when you are busy with work and family activities it's really hard to justify spending the entire day on Saturday going to the game when I could spend 3-4 hours watching it at home on TV and get back to other activities.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Kilmer's been coaching for 20 years and it's the same old stuff. 7 and 8 wins seasons, same bowl games, yeah, folks are getting tired of the same old stuff. People are getting feed up with the gum chewing shtick. Listening to Kilmer talk is as boring as reading posts from yeahbuddy and Jim Lahey. They type a lot of words on here and never say anything.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

If you think it was clunky last year, just wait to see what it looks like without their stud tight end and their other stud tight end who made 90% of their big plays because of attention being given to the other tight end. They are going to really struggle to gain yards in a lot of games.

Not to mention a pretty immobile QB and all the losses on D.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This.

Games are long, it takes forever to get in park/walk to the stadium, road time there and back, cost of tickets/parking/tailgating, etc

I like going to 1-2 games a year to see friends and watch the games in person but I have no need/desire to get season football tickets. IMO when you are busy with work and family activities it's really hard to justify spending the entire day on Saturday going to the game when I could spend 3-4 hours watching it at home on TV and get back to other activities.

Same here. We live in MSP so we only go to 1 game a year. Even if you disregard the drive down and back, the day itself is taxing. Getting there early, see old friends, have a few drinks, get to the game, head home in traffic, etc. I don't know how season ticket holders do it. Even if we lived in the DSM area, I doubt we'd go to more than 1 or 2 a year, simply because there are so many other things that need attention. Let alone the cost of the whole experience.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Here in Cbus OSU fans have it easy. Grab a bus or an Uber to the bars/house party close to the stadium and finish up with a walk to the stadium.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think most of you missed the funny joke by the OP. Apparently Kin-ick is icky. Well done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron