Hoiberg Undergoes Successful Surgery

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Or maybe I just posted it to see if anyone could take anything the least bit negative being posted about Fred. I got exactly the response I expected. We sit here and pump him up to be something he's not. Yeah, he's human. I don't think any less of him for it.

no one doubted you. People just said that it wouldn't be the most shocking thing to hear that a person was not the best patient. And others said that divulging the info was a ******* thing to do (on your part) and unethical or bordering on illegal---depending on the interpretation of HIPPA (on the part of whoever told you).

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
To deal with. I think the quote might have actually been "bad patient". Sorry about the misquote above. I shouldn't have minced words. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to ask for specifics.

To be fair, I'm not sure how good of a patient I would be going through that.

Could mean he was a jerk, or it could mean he was impatient and tried to do too much too soon.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
HIPAA covers details of a person's health. The person who said their family member couldn't even disclose that someone was seen at a clinic likely had a specific type of clinic that would give clues to the type of care received like a mental health or pregnancy clinic. I'm pretty sure the whole basketball world knew that Fred was in the hospital at that time. This person revealed nothing of his health or care. Finally, I can assure you that if you are an *** to health care professionals at whatever level they talk about it to the extent they are able. If you are a public figure that goes from a likelihood to a certainty. To be clear, I'm not suggesting that Fred was an ***, I didn't get that much detail.

Am I an *** for revealing this? Probably. Was it a HIPAA violation to reveal what they did? Not even close.

if MODs feel this shouldn't be on here, please feel free to delete it, but if you do, please delete all related posts as well.

68clone

Apr 21, 2006
How in the world could a person be a good patient under those circumstances. His life, as he had imagined it, had come to an end. He was probably more scared than at any time in his life.

He was suddenly in a recovery room with all kinds of strange things happening to him. He was in pain, probably great pain. He was drugged up with pain killers. Surgery is scarey and it makes you do strange things.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Not necessarily. I know someone who was working there when he went in for an earlier surgery and the indication I got was that he was "a difficult patient".

Take it for what you will; that is all I am going to say on the matter.

Take back your lies, Devil Woman!!!

:jimlad:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
HIPAA covers details of a person's health. The person who said their family member couldn't even disclose that someone was seen at a clinic likely had a specific type of clinic that would give clues to the type of care received like a mental health or pregnancy clinic. I'm pretty sure the whole basketball world knew that Fred was in the hospital at that time. This person revealed nothing of his health or care. Finally, I can assure you that if you are an *** to health care professionals at whatever level they talk about it to the extent they are able. If you are a public figure that goes from a likelihood to a certainty. To be clear, I'm not suggesting that Fred was an ***, I didn't get that much detail.

Am I an *** for revealing this? Probably. Was it a HIPAA violation to reveal what they did? Not even close.

if MODs feel this shouldn't be on here, please feel free to delete it, but if you do, please delete all related posts as well.

the clinic I was referring to was derm. And I said this clinic was very careful about HIPPA.

I doubt mayo would look fondly on an employee revealing details about s patient but that's my opinion and my interpretation of HIPPA--I have also had training due to my job in the medical field.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
How in the world could a person be a good patient under those circumstances. His life, as he had imagined it, had come to an end. He was probably more scared than at any time in his life.

He was suddenly in a recovery room with all kinds of strange things happening to him. He was in pain, probably great pain. He was drugged up with pain killers. Surgery is scarey and it makes you do strange things.

No. Fred should be cordial at all times no matter what :jimlad:

seattleCy

Apr 17, 2015
Was it a HIPAA violation to reveal what they did? Not even close.

My wife's a doctor. It's absolutely a HIPAA violation to reveal any personal information (including name) about patient under your care to anyone that is not directly caring for said patient (whether or not its likely to be public info). This goes whether you are a doctor, a nurse, a PT, or an admin.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My wife's a doctor. It's absolutely a HIPAA violation to reveal any personal information (including name) about patient under your care to anyone that is not directly caring for said patient (whether or not its likely to be public info). This goes whether you are a doctor, a nurse, a PT, or an admin.
Fine, delete the thread, MODs

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

And I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Good grief - you created an account to pile on someone who was already conceding that maybe his op wasn't the best idea he ever had...

But seriously, people, of all the things that CF'ers get het up about, suggesting that the mayor might have been a crabby patient really doesn't rank very high. I would be too, and if nothing else, it shows he's human. Howzabout we just drop that part of the topic & quit piling on Velo?

And maybe go back to wishing CFH a speedy recovery...? :)

Reactions: VeloClone

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

Yeah well my wife's a lawyer and says that your wife is a big doodoo head!

Help Support Us

Become a patron