Hoguey-Badger takes what he wants

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Who would have thought two years ago that Hogue would be such a key cog in this team?

After last year we knew he was special, albeit on the rebounding side of the ledger.

These last few games he has been absolutely the winning piece for CFH. Teams still scout him as a garbage pickup scorer, a utility man....but he has been strafing teams from three, and halftime adjustments force coaches to put a guy on him just shy of half court, creating the spacing and space this offense thrives on.

Hogue to me is the biggest surprise in the second half of this years success. As long as he keeps making those threes, this team will keep advancing.

Ps- I know long rant, but I drink a little

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think Hogue is the second most important player to our success, only to Morris. He does everything and he is tenacious. Not only that, he brings the defense every single time.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
When Fran gave his 'best supporting actor' award to Dustin, it shows that media who follow this team know how good he is. 100% deserving of any props he gets for our success.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    110.6 KB · Views: 552

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, Dustin has been pretty great for the past 2 years. And his 3 point shooting percentage this year is a great thing.

My mom's favorite player is Dustin. I often get texts with things like 'Hogue is amazing' during games ;)

Pwnzrschreck

Jan 10, 2015
Dport

I thought about making a thread titled "Hogue" to discuss this particular stat, but we can do it here. I watched him warm up before the WVU game. I don't think its just a hot streak, his outside shot is legit. Not saying he'll keep up that % indefinitely, but I think he's a permanent outside threat.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If he were two inches taller the NBA would be slobbering all over him.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Leads the team in 3pt%. Crazy considering he didn't start the year very well. Without looking it up, he's gotta be around 50% in conference games.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
He's definitely a guy that other teams can't account for. Too big to use a guard, too quick for a big. And the dangerous type of dude to come in contact with in the area of a loose ball.

The Dustin we hoped for since the second half of the UConn game. We lost two mismatches in Ejim and Kane. Imo a lot of the very lofty expectations (hopes) depended on Hogue becoming one of our mismatch guys. Hopefully he continues his great play. McKay emerging to give him a break from always banging down low seems to have helped.

Hopefully Nader can step into that role next year.