Hawkeyes whining about postseason baseball

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I don't know. Between this and the "not a fair catch" controversy they may have a point. ;)
The rest of the Big Ten to Iowa "Leave the conference then". Literally none of the blue bloods in that conference see Iowa as an equal to them nor would care if they left.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does someone even know who this whiny little piss-baby is that tweeted that?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The call was pretty bad but, absolute LOL at the Big Ten being out to get Iowa.

Fantasyland stuff.

The Big Ten is a mid-major baseball league that's going to get max 2 bids and you finished 5th. You aren't good.
Will they get any besides the auto bid? No teams in the top 25. I legitimately don't know how college baseball postseason works

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Will they get any besides the auto bid? No teams in the top 25. I legitimately don't know how college baseball postseason works

They have one team in the top 40 of the RPI (Nebraska, 32).

Maryland (42) and Illinois (44) would be bubble just based on the numbers.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Here’s the play in question.

I’ve dabbled in umpiring.

This was a horrible call. That’s not anything within 10 miles of interference.

i have no idea what that umpire was thinking, nor what the video review umpire was thinking. Unless they considered the runner’s right hand being held up high as interfering somehow? That’s really a stretch.

Reactions: joefrog

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

i have no idea what that umpire was thinking, nor what the video review umpire was thinking. Unless they considered the runner’s right hand being held up high as interfering somehow? That’s really a stretch.
Who was it against? That could be the reason. Iowa going to start feeling the pain from other big name teams coming in. They better get used to this type of stuff. They have slid the lower middle of the pack status.

Reactions: joefrog

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

I believe the rule states the sliding runner must be in a straight line between the bases. They ruled his slide was too far to the inside of the bag. He appears to have slid towards the infield side

But I think it’s a very, very questionable call. Runners slide like this all the time without being called for interference. Regardless, Iowa likely wouldn't advance much further anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron