Hawkeye FB players investigated for Sexual Assault

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/NEWS01/71114011/1079

Check out this comment:

IowaHawkeye52242

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 am Post subject: Iowa Hawkeye Football OFFENDERS

Before I begin my evaluation of all the comments, I feel the need to let you know that although I am not at liberty to say what position I am in or how closely related to this event I am, you simply need to be aware of and understand that I am highly informed of the situation. The rest, I cannot say. Believe me if you wish, do not if you don't...but here I go...

Stosh: First off, it is not hard to see that you are a mindless male standing up for your gender simply because it is hard for you to believe that a woman is right. For that, I am extremely sorry. Whether or not Samantha27 knows something that we all do not, I see no need for your rudeness towards her or towards the female gender for that matter. "Innocent until proven guilty?" My friend, it is hard to be innocent when you've already confessed to committing the crime.

Beans: I can assure you that this is NOT just "another good news story." "There have been too many other cases where women have other agendas when filing these complaints" is surely not the case. A rape DID take place in the Hillcrest Residence Hall and it WAS committed by the accused football players. Being in a position that I am, I KNOW FOR A FACT that these charges were pressed not only for the safety of the victim, but also for the rest of the female population on campus. Being an athlete myself, it is hard to even consider myself on the same level as these OFFENDERS. I currently see the title of "U of I Student Athlete" as a disgrace, not an honor. As for the delay between Oct. 14 and Nov. 7-- I myself cannot comment, but maybe someone should speak to the Associate Director of Athletics about that one (A.K.A. Fred Mims). It seems an odd coincidence that a FORMER student athlete of the University himself (a football player might I add) try to create a cover up for the CURRENT student athletes (also football players). Weird...

As for my good friend Sassahawk:
You obviously have no current knowledge as to the actual events that took place the evening of Oct. 13 (and not many people do, so fortunate for you, you are not to blame for your sophomoric comment). The victim was taken to the emergency room that next morning, only a few hours after the crime had been committed. Since the victim herself is yes! AN ATHLETE! She proceeded to take her case to the University Athletic Department, where she was told that they would be her "safe spot," when in fact, it turned out to be the EXACT OPPOSITE. You've made it quite obvious that you, Sassahawk, have not been a victim of rape, and your sympathy towards the victim, or lack thereof, is less than appreciated.

For everyone else in the community that is circulating rumors and deciding who is innocent or guilty, maybe we should leave that up to the police. Eventually the truth will come out. Don't you worry.

As for the people curious about the victim, all I can say is that her name will remain unknown until the right time comes along. In the meantime, I can only ask that you keep her in your prayers and imagine this being your own little girl or your wife or sister or your very best friend that has been so wrongly violated. I'm sure when it is put into simple terms such as these, it is not hard to understand, even for you Mr. Stosh.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/NEWS01/71114011/1079

Check out this comment:

IowaHawkeye52242

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 am Post subject: Iowa Hawkeye Football OFFENDERS

Before I begin my evaluation of all the comments, I feel the need to let you know that although I am not at liberty to say what position I am in or how closely related to this event I am, you simply need to be aware of and understand that I am highly informed of the situation. The rest, I cannot say. Believe me if you wish, do not if you don't...but here I go...

Stosh: First off, it is not hard to see that you are a mindless male standing up for your gender simply because it is hard for you to believe that a woman is right. For that, I am extremely sorry. Whether or not Samantha27 knows something that we all do not, I see no need for your rudeness towards her or towards the female gender for that matter. "Innocent until proven guilty?" My friend, it is hard to be innocent when you've already confessed to committing the crime.

Beans: I can assure you that this is NOT just "another good news story." "There have been too many other cases where women have other agendas when filing these complaints" is surely not the case. A rape DID take place in the Hillcrest Residence Hall and it WAS committed by the accused football players. Being in a position that I am, I KNOW FOR A FACT that these charges were pressed not only for the safety of the victim, but also for the rest of the female population on campus. Being an athlete myself, it is hard to even consider myself on the same level as these OFFENDERS. I currently see the title of "U of I Student Athlete" as a disgrace, not an honor. As for the delay between Oct. 14 and Nov. 7-- I myself cannot comment, but maybe someone should speak to the Associate Director of Athletics about that one (A.K.A. Fred Mims). It seems an odd coincidence that a FORMER student athlete of the University himself (a football player might I add) try to create a cover up for the CURRENT student athletes (also football players). Weird...

As for my good friend Sassahawk:
You obviously have no current knowledge as to the actual events that took place the evening of Oct. 13 (and not many people do, so fortunate for you, you are not to blame for your sophomoric comment). The victim was taken to the emergency room that next morning, only a few hours after the crime had been committed. Since the victim herself is yes! AN ATHLETE! She proceeded to take her case to the University Athletic Department, where she was told that they would be her "safe spot," when in fact, it turned out to be the EXACT OPPOSITE. You've made it quite obvious that you, Sassahawk, have not been a victim of rape, and your sympathy towards the victim, or lack thereof, is less than appreciated.

For everyone else in the community that is circulating rumors and deciding who is innocent or guilty, maybe we should leave that up to the police. Eventually the truth will come out. Don't you worry.

As for the people curious about the victim, all I can say is that her name will remain unknown until the right time comes along. In the meantime, I can only ask that you keep her in your prayers and imagine this being your own little girl or your wife or sister or your very best friend that has been so wrongly violated. I'm sure when it is put into simple terms such as these, it is not hard to understand, even for you Mr. Stosh.

You really want to hope that isn't true, but if it is, UI athletics should be looking at something approaching the death penalty.

There is absolutely NO excuse for that from the athletic department.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If the above is true I find it ironic that both of the high profile rape/sexual assault cases at EIU in the past couple years were athlete on athlete (PP and now this).

Help Support Us

Become a patron