Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
We had at least two opportunities to intercept Stanley this year and we failed to make a play that was needed to be made. One of those interceptions might have sealed the deal, but no doubt would've changed the game. Had we made those plays, his poor play would've been talked about more.

Valid point.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Interesting:

Since Brian Ferentz took over as Iowa OC, we are 1-10 against Big Ten teams that have finished .500 or above in those Big Ten seasons. We have averaged 15.45 points scoring in those losses. The one success he has had was the win against Ohio St in 2017.

Greg Davis was 7-14 against Big Ten teams that finished .500 or above in Big Ten games.

Iowa was 25-16 overall in conference games with Greg Davis as OC.

Iowa is 10-11 overall in conference games with Brian Ferentz as OC.

We have the same head coach and the same D- coordinator. What has changed?

Ferentz supporters like to point out that our scoring is up under BF. Isn't that meaningless compared to wins vs. losses?

Is this a fair comparison?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Past two games I would agree with you. How about Phil Parker and the defense?

when you terrible quarterbacks the d looks better. Michigan guy is among the worst starters in that league.

the penn at kid was playing one of his first games in a hostile environment.

I understand you have to grasp at anything you can at this point. But this was bad even for you.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Past two games I would agree with you. How about Phil Parker and the defense?
Shea Patterson doesn’t look comfortable. Not often enough. Not like he did a year ago. He doesn’t run with the same decisiveness. He doesn’t throw with the same confidence. He doesn’t make throws on the run with the same sneaky grace.
-Detroit Free Press

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't look too shabby against a Big 12 offense either.
Giving up 7 ypp isn't shabby? I guess staying out of the way and letting ISU shoot itself in the foot turned out to be an effective strategy that night. Not sure I would rely on that.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Right on cue, the Chadster with his "Leave Brian Alone!" article in the Register today. Lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The difference between the game against Penn State and the game against Iowa State is the fact that Iowa made mistakes that Penn State was able to capitalize on, and Penn State didn't really make any mistakes. Iowa State dropped two picks against Iowa, while Penn State picked Stanley off and forced a fumble. Iowa also missed a critical field goal last weekend, whereas against Iowa State their kicker couldn't miss.

That's the difference between winning 17-12 like Penn State and losing 18-17 like Iowa State.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Well I don't know about you but the Big Ten Network's preseason pick of Nebraska in the title game looks great right now.

It's off topic, but watching Nebraska deteriorate into the midwest version of Maryland is just fantastic.

Somehow, watching it happen in slow motion is even more gratifying, as they get hyped every year only to watch it end up at an even lower level in the end.

I wonder if the Germans have some kind of word for this emotion?

• Funny
Reactions: cdface

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
The difference between the game against Penn State and the game against Iowa State is the fact that Iowa made mistakes that Penn State was able to capitalize on, and Penn State didn't really make any mistakes. Iowa State dropped two picks against Iowa, while Penn State picked Stanley off and forced a fumble. Iowa also missed a critical field goal last weekend, whereas against Iowa State their kicker couldn't miss.

That's the difference between winning 17-12 like Penn State and losing 18-17 like Iowa State.
This is a great post. people thought Stanley was great against ISU (he had 2-3 good plays) but in all reality if ISU catches one of the 3 interceptions, stanley would have been thrown under the bus for a terrible game. Game of inches and mistakes....

They will most likley finish 5-1 and go 9-3. with Ohio State and Wisconsin likely moving up that will give Iowa another great bowl game. Their two best wins will be @ ISU (self imploding) and Minnesota at home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron