Hawk basketball fans are getting desperate

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I get excited about big time recruits. Then when we get an alright recruit I talk myself into liking them. Big difference. For the record Money and Bo are both 4 star guys. That is why we get excited. I would not get excited about a guy Ben Brust. He is being recruited by Missouri Valley schools. Now on the other hand if we got Mr. Brust I could probably talk myself into liking him. I just would not get excited about us recruiting someone like this.

Canon

Jun 24, 2009
http://ilprepbullseye.com/page37.html

Another Rising Stars Gold teammate who figures to be off the board at any time during the July evaluation period is 6'2 shooting guard Ben Brust from Mundelein High School in Mundelein, IL. Brust is considering Iowa, Butler, Northwestern, Stanford and Virginia.

Pretty weak schools to be considering...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
http://ilprepbullseye.com/page37.html

Another Rising Stars Gold teammate who figures to be off the board at any time during the July evaluation period is 6'2 shooting guard Ben Brust from Mundelein High School in Mundelein, IL. Brust is considering Iowa, Butler, Northwestern, Stanford and Virginia.

Pretty weak schools to be considering...
Considering taking a scholarship or considering walking on? HUGE difference.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
A lot of their fans are fairly optimistic about this coming season. I just don't see how?

Pot --> kettle

(ISU football in this case)

And for the record, Iowa MBB will be lucky to win 10 games next season.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
The difference is Ben Brust is a mid-major recruit. He's a 6'2", slow, unathletic shooter.

Brust heads list of players ready to rise - City/Suburban Hoops Report

Chicago Hoops has him ranked as the 5th best player in Illinois for 2010. They had Colvin ranked as 3rd I believe.

I'm not sure it's possible to play high school ball at his level in Illinois and average 30pts per game being slow and unathletic. He also scores like that in AAU playing some of the best competition in the country.

He has offers from Iowa, NU, Davidson, Butler and will be offered by Virginia, Notre Dame, possibly Marquette and possibly Minnesota before th Summer is over.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Pot --> kettle

???

Most of us have said we'd be lucky to win 6, and most place us at around 4-5. I fail to see the comparison.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Brust heads list of players ready to rise - City/Suburban Hoops Report

Chicago Hoops has him ranked as the 5th best player in Illinois for 2010. They had Colvin ranked as 3rd I believe.

I'm not sure it's possible to play high school ball at his level in Illinois and average 30pts per game being slow and unathletic. He also scores like that in AAU playing some of the best competition in the country.

He has offers from Iowa, NU, Davidson, Butler and will be offered by Virginia, Notre Dame, possibly Marquette and possibly Minnesota before th Summer is over.

If Minnesota offers you can probably forget about this kid coming to Iowa.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Pot --> kettle

Not the same. In football, we return nearly every starter on both sides of the ball. Iowa lost ~80% of their scoring last year in basketball. How is that even close?

Canon

Jun 24, 2009
Sure looks unathletic! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPyB-4WUX0]YouTube - Ben Brust 2008-2009[/ame]

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Ben Brust is a very solid 3 star player. He had a bad injury that is probably hurting his offers a little bit. Is the kid going to come in and average 10 a game? No. But he could end up to be a very solid player

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Pretty much if Ben Brust is getting them excited I feel bad. Although I guess in Iowa's situation it's a good thing right now. So whatever works.