Greatest loss to team

Rapplegt

Apr 7, 2006
I see in the Register Adam Carper is lost for the season with a knee injury. Any time you lose a player it hurts the team and you hate to see it happen for the player's sake, of course. But, which Cyclone starter would be the single biggest loss to the success of the team? Meyer is an obvious choice, but is the talent distance between him and Arnaud bigger than any other number 1 and the likely replacement?

Last edited:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I think you mean Adam Carper.

Many people may disagree with this but I really think our biggest loss would be Stevie Hicks (after Brett Meyer). Sure Scales can run but Stevie can block like a mo fo. The other guys just don't have his pass protection ability yet. Just look at our record with and without Stevie last year.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
The starting QB is always the obvious choice. While the talent level may not be much different the knowlege and experience of a veteran QB is huge.

If I had to pick someone else I would say Jackson or Curvey. Our secondary is very weak other than Jackson and after watching Nate Frerer or however you spell it get pushed around in the UNI game I think we would be really hard up if we only had him and Tuba to start.

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
As of right now - Bowen.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
The greatest losses would be:

1. Meyer
2. Bowen
3. Stephenson
4. Jackson
5. McKenzie

Everyone else we could probably at least attempt to deal with since we have 3 defensive tackles that could play for Curvey and we have like 10 receivers who could play consistently so losing them wouldn't be huge and Jason Scales should be able to take over for Hicks

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
1. Alvin Bowen.
2. Tyrone McKenzie.
3. James Smith (we needed him yesterday)
We need tacklers really bad since we force so few punts and do not hit hard enough to get turnovers or poptop their helmets. So far the offense is less than 20 points a game in regulation.Defensively we are 25 pooints in regulation.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
This is way off topic but has anybody watched the cyclone-husker game from 2002 on www.cyclones.com. Holy smokes, I remember being at that game but that was one of the best games any cyclone team has ever played. If you got a spare hour, I'd definitely kick back and watch it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Alvin Bowen the tackling machine. He has as many interceptions as anyone on the team.

Rapplegt

Apr 7, 2006
Where would you put Shaggy? Is #2 kicker close to him? We've seen what damage to success a marginal kicker can do.

Help Support Us

Become a patron