Great read --

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
Those who can should go over to rivals and read Paul Clarks open letter to the B12-- Best take on the situation I have ever heard!!

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
He makes a lot of great points.

As long as the Texas ball carrier might have still be up, might still be progressing forward, might have still had a chance to score a touchdown: no whistle. It was almost as if the officials held off on blowing their whistle while there was still some possibility of Texas scoring on that play. Nah, that couldn't be, right?...Interestingly, as soon as an Iowa State player emerged with the ball AND your officials had time to see that was the case, the whistle blowing started like it was going out of style. All of the sudden, everybody on the field with a whistle had a clear view of what had happened several seconds earlier.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the link, but some of us can't access the page.

Why not? Blocked by work? It's not premium content, I'm not a subscriber and I can access it. It wouldn't make sense to put an "open letter" behind a pay wall anyway.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Am I understanding this that the fist pumping ref from '05 was also on the crew that did this game? Or more of just an example of the type of officials in this league?

Last edited:

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Am I understanding this that the fist pumping ref from '05 was also on the crew that did this game? Or more of just and example of the type of officials in this league?

My understanding is that he was the official spotting the football.
No one had complaints about the spots, right?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is what I have been saying. The first audio whistle was when George was running at the Cyclone 40.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My understanding is that he was the official spotting the football.
No one had complaints about the spots, right?

lol wut?! so that fist-pumper was A. not fired and B. is still allowed to officiate Texas games?

Makes total sense. :rolleyes:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Walt Anderson is a UT alum so Paul's letter will fall on deaf ears. Kind of surprised that Paul wrote that letter. He seemed to me pretty level headed and objective on ISU matters. I guess even Paul has his limits. He better get ready for that stern reprimand.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I'm pretty sure that was dead serious. I heard somebody else say the same thing. Anybody know?

I can't figure out where to find an official list of who was working the game but I've heard he was the alternate which is the 8th official that spots the ball.
If anyone knows where to find an official list of who was working please share.