Great Deadspin Article about an ESPN Writer

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
TL;DR

Give me the jist of it.
I'd recommend reading it all at some point but the gist of it is that ESPN just hired a writer for their newly revamped Page 2 that a lot of people are questioning the existence of. Apparently she has scammed a few people recently and there are a bunch of odd circumstances surrounding her. She was a lowly message board commenter, was hired to write for Covers.com, then recently ESPN.com without anybody ever meeting her in person.

Last edited:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
TL;DR

Give me the jest of it.

I'd recommend reading it all at some point but the jest of it is that ESPN just hired a writer for their newly revamped Page 2 that a lot of people are questioning the existence of. Apparently she has scammed a few people recently and there are a bunch of odd circumstances surrounding her. She was a lowly message board commenter, was hired to write for Covers.com, then recently ESPN.com without anybody ever meeting her in person.

Surely, you jist.

jest definition - Google Search

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow, very interesting. I remember seeing something about one of her columns on ESPN a few months back, but couldn't find anything on her with a Google search...

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Update:
Update, 6 p.m.: Sarah Phillips has been let go by ESPN. An ESPN spokesman just told me: "We've ended our freelance relationship with her."

C

CyBer

Seems that you are just as dumb as me, maybe if you correct me you should do it properly.

oh-the-irony.png

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CyBer

So she is really "Nilesh Prasad" is what I'm thinking, he probably hired that chick to be in his video with the money he was scamming off of other people.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Back on topic.... It will be interesting to see what happens with all this. My guess is Philips and that guy are complicit in some scam and will probably end up getting in some trouble. I'm looking forward to reading Deadspin over the next few days to find out.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Back on topic.... It will be interesting to see what happens with all this. My guess is Philips and that guy are complicit in some scam and will probably end up getting in some trouble. I'm looking forward to reading Deadspin over the next few days to find out.

More than likely. Sounds like a total scam job to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron