Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Last I checked both teams had to play with the same ball. If someone ever blames a ball for a loss that would be comical.
While this is true. There actually is a slight advantage to playing with a ball that you're comfortable with, while also being a disadvantage when playing with a ball you're not familiar with. Every type / brand of basketball is different and the Under Armour ball is probably the worst one out there.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
While this is true. There actually is a slight advantage to playing with a ball that you're comfortable with, while also being a disadvantage when playing with a ball you're not familiar with. Every type / brand of basketball is different and the Under Armour ball is probably the worst one out there.
I can't believe the ncaa doesn't mandate 1 ball. Everybody should be playing with the ball they use in the tournament.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I can't believe the ncaa doesn't mandate 1 ball. Everybody should be playing with the ball they use in the tournament.
I think it's even crazier that teams wouldn't want to use the ball that's used for the NCAA tournament. That's what I'd want to do. I'm not 100% sure how it works but I assume the sponsor for that team (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour) either have something in their contract about their ball or they have a discounted price on gear if you use their ball. I know you're not required to use the sponsor's ball, as KU uses the NCAA Wilson and their sponsored by Adidas and Oklahoma State / WVU use the NCAA Wilson and they're sponsored by Nike.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk and jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They are not even close. JW is light years ahead of RB. Not even a debate.

Bolton averages more points and they both shoot about the same from the floor. Wieskamp is a better 3 point shooter and both are great at the FT line

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Bolton averages more points and they both shoot about the same from the floor. Wieskamp is a better 3 point shooter and both are great at the FT line
I agree JW makes Bolton look pretty weak. I hate that you put us in the place to tell these meat huggers their players are better. I am starting to get embarrassed for you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree JW makes Bolton look pretty weak. I hate that you put us in the place to tell these meat huggers their players are better. I am starting to get embarrassed for you.

Well that's one way to admit you were wrong lol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It doesnt get much better than @BCClone and @clonedude having to take solace in Iowa losing on the road to a top 20 team and Garza "only" getting 21 points to brighten their basketball season.
Interesting take. You have a wild imagination. I repeated things that you hawk trolls had said in the last 48 hours and you have conveniently forgotten that.

Nice that you take solace in your life by living in a rivals message board and living vicariously through a college team from where you probably don’t have a degree from. That’s not funny, it’s just sad.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Honestly I'd probably take Joe over Bolton as well. I like Bolton as a player, but I just like Joe's overall game better. Plays with better control.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Honestly I'd probably take Joe over Bolton as well. I like Bolton as a player, but I just like Joe's overall game better. Plays with better control.

Yeah so would I. I'm just saying they're both pretty comparable and have the same role

• Disagree
Reactions: jmb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Bolton looks to be finding his stride but I don't know how you wouldn't choose Joe right now.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah so would I. I'm just saying they're both pretty comparable and have the same role
I think Bolton is more ball dominant. He can get to the rack and is improving his outside shot. Joe is a pure shooter from the 3, he has a pretty nice mid-range game, he can post up smaller guards on the block, and he's a sneaky good shot blocker.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I think Bolton is more ball dominant. He can get to the rack and is improving his outside shot. Joe is a pure shooter from the 3, he has a pretty nice mid-range game, he can post up smaller guards on the block, and he's a sneaky good shot blocker.

If you just want a pure scorer, you pick Joe, but it might be close. If you want a pure basketball player you pick Joe and it isn't even close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you just want a pure scorer, you pick Joe, but it might be close. If you want a pure basketball player you pick Joe and it isn't even close.

Yeah even though Bolton has been a better 3 point shooter than Wieskamp in conference play I still think Wieskamp gets the slight edge overall. Both are very good players though

• Disagree
Reactions: jmb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'd rather have Joe, but Bolton and him aren't the same type of player and actually play different positions. Joe is a 3. Bolton is a combo guard.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron