Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You watch a lot of Iowa State basketball?

I watched the second half on Saturday. I try to watch if they aren't on ESPN +. Bolton did a good job of getting to the line, but he also forced a bunch of difficult shots too.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You said he was bad vs TCU and they won that game

He was bad overall vs top 45 defenses. 1-5 isn't good is it?

I mean if you wanna pick nits and move TCU to a good game column, be my guest. I'll move the Oklahama St. game to the bad game column as Purdy really pulled a Purdy in the game. Good stats, but cost his team the game with TO after TO.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I mean if you wanna pick nits and move TCU to a good game column, be my guest. I'll move the Oklahama St. game to the bad game column as Purdy really pulled a Purdy in the game. Good stats, but cost his team the game with TO after TO.

Purdy threw the game winning TD in the Oklahoma St. game.

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Purdy wasn't good vs Oklahoma State. 110.3 QB rating. His worst game of the rest actually

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I watched the second half on Saturday. I try to watch if they aren't on ESPN +. Bolton did a good job of getting to the line, but he also forced a bunch of difficult shots too.
I think a major issue as to why Bolton takes tough shots sometimes is because him and Haliburton are the only true threats as guards on the offensive end. Everyone else seems to have to have someone else help create the shot for them, and when guys aren't helping out Bolton / Haliburton, they have to take matters into their own hands.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think a major issue as to why Bolton takes tough shots sometimes is because him and Haliburton are the only true threats as guards on the offensive end. Everyone else seems to have to have someone else help create the shot for them, and when guys aren't helping out Bolton / Haliburton, they have to take matters into their own hands.

That might be so, but a lot of those shots were very early in the shot clock.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Sidebar Question regarding streaming: I have a Comcast subscription that includes the B1G Network. Will I be able to stream the Wisky-Iowa game tonight?

Right now when I try to open the B1G App it states I need to have a B1G+ subscription - even if I pay for a 'sports package' through my cable provider??

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sidebar Question regarding streaming: I have a Comcast subscription that includes the B1G Network. Will I be able to stream the Wisky-Iowa game tonight?

Right now when I try to open the B1G App it states I need to have a B1G+ subscription - even if I pay for a 'sports package' through my cable provider??

You should be able to. I use the Fox Sports app which has all of the Big 10 network content.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nope, he threw the game winning td against Ok. St. last year.
Ahhh I see what you mean. Lol yes that'd be true.

Purdy was our guy last year and as a true sophomore he had a lot of weight to carry on his shoulders. There were times he played great as well as times that he did look like a sophomore.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Yes that should've been an interception, however there was a flag thrown for PI that got negated by a bad holding call. In the end, we lost the game, but saying he played bad against Iowa would not be correct.

I didnt say he played bad against Iowa. You said he didnt get a chance to win the game and that would not be correct.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ranking are all skewed this year. We are probably seeing the most parity in a college basketball season ever. We saw it a little bit last year, when Texas Tech managed to eke their way into a national championship game. There is a changing of the guard in college basketball. Blue bloods, more like blue balls now. A team like Texas Tech last year, or Iowa this year could just as easily get upset in the first round or make their way to the Final 4. This wasn't possible, even 5 years ago.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didnt say he played bad against Iowa. You said he didnt get a chance to win the game and that would not be correct.
Purdy threw the correct ball to a guy that got interfered with that would've put us into position to win the game. A flag came in that negated that. That was not on Brock. I think you're simplifying it down to those two plays after the negated penalties. A 3rd and 10 and a 4th and 10 are the most obvious passing downs in the game of football. Iowa did a good job of stopping Iowa State's offense on those two plays.

It's fine though. Brock will have plenty more moments to prove himself over the course of the next two seasons.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Frederick is the worst defender on your team lol
Neither one is a strong defender. Iowa plays a lot of zone which works well for them. ISU continues to allow Bolton to get exploited. Bolton is the double whammy....poor defense and inefficient offense.