Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Brock led his team on 3 consecutive TD drives against Baylor and took the lead, however the defense let Baylor drive down to kick the game winner. He played solid against Iowa and didn't get a chance to win the game because his special teams completely messed up. He put up 6 TD's against OU and led the team down the field and threw a TD to tie the game. Sure he didn't throw it to the right guy on the 2-pt conversion, but the ball he did throw was in Pettway's hands and there was also obvious PI on the play.

If you want to say Purdy didn't play well in the ND, K-State, or late in the OSU game that's fine.

Purdy had a chance to win the game the drive before the punt fiasco against Iowa.

He threw a would be INT that Koerner just batted down on 4th down after another incomplete pass on 3rd down and slipping and falling for a 5 yard loss on 2nd down.

• Winner
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Purdy had a chance to win the game the drive before the punt fiasco against Iowa.

He threw a would be INT that Koerner just batted down on 4th down after another incomplete pass on 3rd down and slipping and falling for a 5 yard loss on 2nd down.

You're really going to talk about the drive with the phantom holding call? Lol!

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You're really going to talk about the drive with the phantom holding call? Lol!

Completed pass to Milton for 21 yards
Nwangwu run for 18 yards
False Start
Completed pass to Kolar for 7 yards
Purdy stumbles for a 5 yard loss
Incomplete Pass
Incomplete Pass

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nwangwu run for 18 yards
False Start
Incomplete Pass
Incomplete Pass

Really ignoring the phantom holding call? That's weak even for you Buddy

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Nwangwu run for 18 yards
False Start
Incomplete Pass
Incomplete Pass

Really ignoring the phantom holding call? That's weak even for you Buddy

Pretty bad possession for Purdy there. Contrast that with Stanley leading a clutch drive down the field the possession before that led to a FG and the lead.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkJRP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Yes that should've been an interception, however there was a flag thrown for PI that got negated by a bad holding call. In the end, we lost the game, but saying he played bad against Iowa would not be correct.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Here's my response to everyone, and it might be a little emotional considering the situation with Kobe Bryant, who I absolutely admired growing up..

I want to be more positive towards not only the team I root for, but for our rival as well. I'm done ragging on Iowa and their players. I'm not going to root for them, but I'm done being so negative about them. For my own team, I'm going to complain less and cheer more. Im going to watch and enjoy the game of basketball. It's my favorite sport, always has been.

I also want to stop comparing players from both Iowa State and Iowa, rather discuss each player individually. There's no reason to compare the players because every one of them is different and is in a different situation. We devalue them when comparing them in my opinion. I think we all, including me, need to remember that these guys are not just a means to happiness on a random weeknight or a Saturday afternoon. They're kids who are putting a s*** load of time into their sport. They're humans. They make mistakes, they miss shots, they have bad games.

I just feel like we're all hating on each other way too much and for what reason? Because we grew up liking a school in a different town who wears different colors? I am all fine with the rivalry because that is absolutely what makes sports amazing but I'm done with the blind rage and hatred towards Iowa. Life is short. I'm only 24 years old and hopefully have a full life ahead of me, but it could be gone in a second. I don't want to spend my time spewing dumb remarks towards Iowa fans or even Iowa State fans who I don't necessarily agree with.

I obviously know that some of you might not agree with me or think that I'm being over the top, but that's fine. It's just my opinion and how I'm going to carry myself from now on.
Opt out of this forum. Just some advice.