Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thats nice. You should ask him about it. My first post on this topic today was talking about having to watch meaningless basketball for over 2 months.

Iowa didnt play a meaningless game in 2016-2017 until the NIT first round.
You probably predicted that the NIT was going to happen if you predicted Uthoff's finale.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In hindsight those were huge losses. Still thought ISU would be better than this....there's some talent on the roster. Time to turn things around but the margin for error is pretty slim. Probably need to win out at home....
Also lost Lard, who could have been a really good player but reminds me a lot Laron Dendy mentally.

Winning out at home doesn't happen IMO. I still think there's at least 2 more losses.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Also lost Lard, who could have been a really good player but reminds me a lot Laron Dendy mentally.

Winning out at home doesn't happen IMO. I still think there's at least 2 more losses.
OsU and KSU are winnable road games. ISU's NET is still decent.....what 2 losses do you see at Home? Baylor and TT?

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Iowa was one of the first four teams out from the tourney in 2016-2017. They played meaningful games all the way down the stretch until their first NIT game.
They were also one of the first four teams we laughed at that year.

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Florida A&M and a blowout home loss to Kansas will do that to ya

I watched ISU for the first time in a long time this past Saturday. Wow have they really fallen off. They didn't seem like they cared a whole lot and had no cohesiveness. Seemed like one guy would dribble the ball for 20 some seconds and then drive or hoist a shot. Saw Bolton dribble for the entire shot clock and then dribble the ball off his leg for a turnover.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb

Help Support Us

Become a patron