Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep, Iowa needs six more wins. No gimmes left on the schedule. They will have to go out and earn it. Never thought they would be in this position.
Nebraska at home should be a gimme. They are far and away one of the worst power schools in the country. They have a greater than 27% win against one team remaining on their schedule: another awful team in NW.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkJRP

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think Iowa State fans will be happy. We suck

I think Iowa fans are going to get really mad about another Fran fade and he won't be a fan favorite either

You going to the Big 12 tournament if things keep going the way they have been?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Imagine having to watch meaningless basketball from January 1 through the beginning of March.
You are a hawk fan you are well trained. No imagination for you guys.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
He's made one NCAA tournament the last 3 years as well.

Iowa was one of the first four teams out from the tourney in 2016-2017. They played meaningful games all the way down the stretch until their first NIT game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You have to admit.....nobody was expecting a year like this for ISU. The struggles a couple years back were expected and understandable....this year? Not so much.....
I think people honestly thought too much of this year's team when you go back and look at it. Lost Shayok, THT, Wigs, NWB. The first three of that list were heavily, heavily used with possessions, and Nick played a ton of minutes.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I think people honestly thought too much of this year's team when you go back and look at it. Lost Shayok, THT, Wigs, NWB. The first three of that list were heavily, heavily used with possessions, and Nick played a ton of minutes.
In hindsight those were huge losses. Still thought ISU would be better than this....there's some talent on the roster. Time to turn things around but the margin for error is pretty slim. Probably need to win out at home....

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Meaningful games isn't this quote:

Thats nice. You should ask him about it. My first post on this topic today was talking about having to watch meaningless basketball for over 2 months.

Iowa didnt play a meaningless game in 2016-2017 until the NIT first round.

Imagine having to watch meaningless basketball from January 1 through the beginning of March.