Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Rough sports year for you, it's really starting to show with posts like this.
I actually find it quite funny that there are Hawkeye fans over here bringing up Iowa and also talking down Iowa State.. Were there actually Iowa State fans that continuously commented on Hawkeye boards when Iowa was having down years in sports? I guess I just don't understand the point of coming to a site expressing your opinions and fandom when 98% of the people aren't going to agree with you.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I actually find it quite funny that there are Hawkeye fans over here bringing up Iowa and also talking down Iowa State.. Were there actually Iowa State fans that continuously commented on Hawkeye boards when Iowa was having down years in sports? I guess I just don't understand the point of coming to a site expressing your opinions and fandom when 98% of the people aren't going to agree with you.

There were quite a few ISU fans that posted on the HR free board up until Iowa won in Hilton. For some reason, they haven't been around much lately.

@Cydkar @Hayes30 and @BryceC to name a few.

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Imagine trying to **** on Luka Garza, especially as a fan of what we are currently watching with Iowa State. Kid is 2nd in the nation in PER. He plays his tail off and has really worked to fill holes in his game.Try as I may, I can't dislike the kid.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Imagine trying to **** on Luka Garza, especially as a fan of what we are currently watching with Iowa State. Kid is 2nd in the nation in PER. He plays his tail off and has really worked to fill holes in his game.Try as I may, I can't dislike the kid.

This. It'd be like trying to **** on Brock Purdy IMO

• Disagree
Reactions: HawkJRP

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think very few Hawk fans dislike Purdy. He's good and most of us will admit it. We'd take him as a grad transfer!

There was a large group of Iowa fans that spent the last two years saying Nate Stanley was better. It doesn't get much more insulting than that towards a kid with Purdy's abilities

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
There was a large group of Iowa fans that spent the last two years saying Nate Stanley was better. It doesn't get much more insulting than that towards a kid with Purdy's abilities

Until he proved himself why would Iowa fans say Purdy was better? ISU has QB after QB who the ISU fans claim are the second coming, and they all fade away. Since Seneca left you had Meyer, Arnaud, Bates, Tiller, Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Rohach, Lanning, Park, and Kempt. I'm sure you claimed every one of them was better than the Iowa QB at the time.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Until he proved himself why would Iowa fans say Purdy was better? ISU has QB after QB who the ISU fans claim are the second coming, and they all fade away. Since Seneca left you had Meyer, Arnaud, Bates, Tiller, Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Rohach, Lanning, Park, and Kempt. I'm sure you claimed every one of them was better than the Iowa QB at the time.

How many games does a QB need to prove himself?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
How many games does a QB need to prove himself?

Lets look how his season started this year. ISU almost lost to UNI and he looked like the 2nd best QB on the field. He did lose to Stanley. He looked good against a horrible ULM team, but then had 2 costly TO against Baylor in a loss to them. I'd say objectively about the half way point of this season you could see he was finally hitting his stride.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"This just in, a terrible program for 15 years did not have a good quarterback" lol

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Help Support Us

Become a patron