Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
So Iowa is going to start 1-3 in conference play, and with number 12 Maryland on deck Saturday, they are likely to be 1-4. Even with their good non con resume, at a minimum they need to go .500 Big Ten play to make the tournament. At this point, I just don't see them pulling that off.

Even though ISU is not looking good right now, it warms my soul to see the familiar "Fran Fade" taking place even earlier than usual.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've been flipping over to Creighton Nova as well. Great crowd there for that one too.
Where was this motion offense when Greg coached here?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yea, we would get killed at Nebraska at this point. We just aren’t good at all

We'd be favored by 7 at Nebraska. We were 4 point underdogs at TCU and lost by 2 in OT. Yes I know we lost as 25 point favorites on NYE. Stop being a drama queen

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
So Iowa is going to start 1-3 in conference play, and with number 12 Maryland on deck Saturday, they are likely to be 1-4. Even with their good non con resume, at a minimum they need to go .500 Big Ten play to make the tournament. At this point, I just don't see them pulling that off.

Even though ISU is not looking good right now, it warms my soul to see the familiar "Fran Fade" taking place even earlier than usual.
Or Fred just owns Iowa. I miss those days.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
No. Tim Miles had great crowds there.
Tim Miles also had some pretty decent teams. Not great, but decent. The fact that they have a crowd that crazy with the season they're having now is impressive. Unfortunately, I cant see Hilton like that tomorrow night..

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Tim Miles also had some pretty decent teams. Not great, but decent. The fact that they have a crowd that crazy with the season they're having now is impressive. Unfortunately, I cant see Hilton like that tomorrow night..
Tim Miles had pretty decent teams?
He was there 7 years, finished 10th or worse 5 of those 7 years, and his postseason success begins and ends with 1 NIT win at home, then got blasted by TCU.