Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
He didn't get invited to the combine last year so not sure he was projected to get drafted or not

I thought I remembered him getting a solid second round grade. I know that doesn't guarantee anything in the NBA, but it is usually better than not getting drafted. Not saying he won't get drafted, but I think its a possibility.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I don't think LW was handled correctly but that shipped has sailed now. I hope CSP learns from this. It was just an erratic year all the way around from LW to Lard to god knows what else was going on.
Sometimes I think these college coaches need psychology degrees.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCrazy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought I remembered him getting a solid second round grade. I know that doesn't guarantee anything in the NBA, but it is usually better than not getting drafted. Not saying he won't get drafted, but I think its a possibility.

I don't remember that

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Kind of a Noah Fant situation last year for Iowa. I don't think either player was happy with thier usuage last year and there seemed to be some friction between the players and the coaches for reasons we will probably never know.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
LW, Lard and Talley all regressed this year
Don't agree. I think all 3 were mishandled in some way.

Talley did not get any time and when he was in there he was very effective on both offense and defense. However, no matter how well he did he could not get any minutes.

Lard was on a short leash for one reason or another, or a favorite target of the refs for some reason. He was never fed in the post, but when he was, he was highly effective.

LW should have started every game over THT. It is no coincidence that whenever we were on a scoring drought was when he was on the bench. He was our best 3pt shooter and tghe only one that would take the initiative to go inside when shots were not falling.

Hope next year we get more consistency from the coaching staff.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
LW definitely improved. His advanced numbers were up across the board. Lard and Talley were suspended and in the dog house all season long
LW’s D definitely didn’t improve and I thought his offensive game was basically the same

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron