Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes, your sit outs were a guy that was going to see a decreased role at UVA as a senior and a kid from Nebraska that you didnt want at ISU until the ISU staff started to show interest in him as a transfer.

So if he has a big year in Ames you will at least give Prohm for developing him in his sit out year

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yes, your sit outs were a guy that was going to see a decreased role at UVA as a senior and a kid from Nebraska that you didnt want at ISU until the ISU staff started to show interest in him as a transfer.

Is the Shayok comment based on something said by the VA coaching staff?
And the Nebraska kid showed he could compete against very strong Big10 which surprised several staffs, including Iowa State, right?

Last edited:

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017

Would you take Shayok on Iowa's roster this coming year?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Shayok would have been a major contributor to UVA last year and his experience would have helped them in the tourney. The article even stated his decision to transfer was a surprise. Marial transferred looking to show case his scoring abilities in an uptempo system to improve his pro stock. After an off season of work on his game he'll get his opportunity.

Try to minimize the impact of transfers if you want but there is a reason the national recruiting media is Identifying him and Jacobson as impact performers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kinda weird posting tweets from high school kids.

LiquidFamousAmericanshorthair-max-1mb.gif

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Is the Shayok comment based on something said by the VA coaching staff?

Shayok would have been a major contributor to UVA last year.

https://virginia.sportswar.com/article/basketball/2017/03/22/shayok-reuter-transfer-virginia/

“Shayok’s minutes never settled into a regular place due to a combination of injuries and inconsistency on both ends of the floor but certainly on defense. Over the course of the past two seasons, Shayok slid into the starting lineup for brief stretches only to see his minutes virtually disappear weeks later. He eventually worked his way back for postseason play both years, but with more wing talent joining the fray next season, a clear picture for playing time did not appear likely.”

Reactions: breck53

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'm curious to hear this thoughts on this as well @YeahBuddy

is he a point guard?! Otherwise he would be a good player in an already crowded front court. If not Yes I would take him as a guard. I dont have the slightest clue about his talents. Havent ever paid attention to him to be honest.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
is he a point guard?! Otherwise he would be a good player in an already crowded front court. If not Yes I would take him as a guard. I dont have the slightest clue about his talents. Havent ever paid attention to him to be honest.

He's going to be very good for ISU next year. Like really good