Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It is the same when it comes to class balance, etc.

Its not the same in regards to next years roster. If he adds a grad transfer the roster will be different than a roster that doesnt include a grad transfer.
As in, there would be one more eligible player on said roster. In other words, 2+2 = 4.

Are you saying the reasoning behind this is to lower food, travel, and housing bills for the program? Or perhaps for chemistry reasons?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It is the same when it comes to class balance, etc.

Its not the same in regards to next years roster. If he adds a grad transfer the roster will be different than a roster that doesnt include a grad transfer.
??? This doesn't make any sense. I expected you to defend Fran at all costs, so par for the course.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
??? This doesn't make any sense. I expected you to defend Fran at all costs, so par for the course.

Im not defending him. I think its incredibly dumb not to be pursuing a grad transfer guard this offseason.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I honestly think Fran doesn't realize he can get a grad transfer and bank a scholarship for 2019. I think he believes he has to do one or the other

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Have you seen the way Fran uses his bench? He's like Oprah. "You're getting 10 minutes!!! And you're getting 10 minutes!!! And you're getting 10 minutes!!!"

I don't think he's able to control himself. He won't sign anyone with immediate eligibility because he can't help himself.

Grad Transfers would like a defined role (Likely starting &25+minutes) on a potential NCAA tourney team. If Fran is being honest he can't promise either considering last year. I assume he's made some calls to targets but found no interest in joining Iowa's next years team. Just as likely any Grad Transfer would look at the situation as toxic and not even take his call.
I interpret Fran's recent comments are to ease the Fans mind prepare them to accept there will be no outside help coming and to hope the current players get better.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Not adding a guard to a roster that has a bunch of unathletic, low ceiling players that don't play defense is an interesting decision. There are actually posters on HR making the argument that there just wouldn't be any playing time for Matt Mooney because of what Iowa already has.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Not adding a guard to a roster that has a bunch of unathletic, low ceiling players that don't play defense is an interesting decision. There are actually posters on HR making the argument that there just wouldn't be any playing time for Matt Mooney because of what Iowa already has.

Well then those posters are the idiots and morons.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Because it would be smarter to give your coach a bonus and have him pay for his own kid instead of burning one on him. Gives you another player for the rotation.

No team has a need for 14 scholarship players. Even if one is walking on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Lol no there is not

Help Support Us

Become a patron