gotta hope okie state gets to the national

Oct 18, 2011
I think of it this way... If a loss to ISU in double overtime is enough to keep OSU from jumping the rematch situation with Bama, then everyone seriously has it in for ISU. We made a bowl people... We're not a pushover like people make us out to be.

A loss to a 6-6 team in overtime.

A loss to the undefeated #1 in overtime.

I don't want to see Bama in the NC game either but it's tuff to compare the losses.

OSU's argument is total body of work.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I will never understand why people compare losses and not wins. OSU has beaten a ton of good teams to get where they are. Alabama has not lost to a bunch of average teams to get where they are. The choice is easy.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
If it were the case of a Big 12 team being the only undefeated and #1 and then a Big 12 team and SEC team with one loss battling for the other spot, they would hands down choose the SEC team.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I will never understand why people compare losses and not wins. OSU has beaten a ton of good teams to get where they are. Alabama has not lost to a bunch of average teams to get where they are. The choice is easy.

OSU has a good resume, but how can you say the choice is easy?? 4 teams alabama beat were ranked when they played..some of them dropped out of the rankings by getting blown out by bama and lsu. Bama beat the ranked teams on their schedule by an average of 24. OSU beat their ranked teams by an ave of 13.5(including the OU game) OSU had some tough, close games. Bama had 1 OT loss, and 11 blowouts.

That aside, looks like OSU will get a chance to settle the argument. They're only a few points behind in both polls..with the way the computers love them, I'd be surprised if Bama was still #2 in the BCS. Which makes for much better tv..I didnt want to see the rematch either.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
A loss to a 6-6 team in overtime.

A loss to the undefeated #1 in overtime.

I don't want to see Bama in the NC game either but it's tuff to compare the losses.

OSU's argument is total body of work.

Where was this argument in 2006? Michigan had a much better loss than Florida, they should have gotten a chance at a rematch with OSU.

If these teams had the same resumes and were Oklahoma and Miss St. instead of Alabama and Oklahoma St, the B12 team would get in easily. Alabama is just living off of their reputation.

cydswipe

Jun 12, 2007
Maquoketa, Iowa
What really upset me this morning was ESPN's Robert Smith making the statement that OkSt. losing had something to do with the tragic loss of their women's BB staff. It wasn't so much that ISU is a tough place to play, okSt. just had a lot on their minds.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Where was this argument in 2006? Michigan had a much better loss than Florida, they should have gotten a chance at a rematch with OSU.

If these teams had the same resumes and were Oklahoma and Miss St. instead of Alabama and Oklahoma St, the B12 team would get in easily. Alabama is just living off of their reputation.

True.. also I think a lot of people give too much credit to actual talent, and not what the team does. Even if Alabama hadn't been destroying everyone but LSU, you hear the idiots at ESPN talking about the "eye test".. yes, Alabama has more talent, but that shouldn't matter..it should go off how they perform, not how many future nfl players they have.

Tredici

Mar 2, 2011
West Des Moines
I think the biggest stat that gets me is the - Wins vs. Ranked Teams and Wins vs. Bowl Eligible Teams. OSU pans out far better in both these categories.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
True.. also I think a lot of people give too much credit to actual talent, and not what the team does. Even if Alabama hadn't been destroying everyone but LSU, you hear the idiots at ESPN talking about the "eye test".. yes, Alabama has more talent, but that shouldn't matter..it should go off how they perform, not how many future nfl players they have.

Agreed. If the BCS was based on the eye test, USC should have been in the BCS title game five or six times under Pete Carroll. They would always lose one game to a Stanford or Oregon St that they had no business losing too, but they always aced the "eye test".

If it is Alabama and LSU, I think LSU should win the title no matter what happens in the game. Their resume is so far ahead of Alabama's that losing to Alabama on a neutral field wouldn't be enough for me to move them below Alabama.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I can't wait for the chaos when its announced that Bama is #2 in both the AP and coaches poll, but #3 in the bcs.. ******* off the SEC guys can't hurt to help bring down the BCS..we did our part to help.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Just went to tidefans.com forum out of curiosity..first note I see says "No post by LSU fans are welcome until further notice" hahahah.. thats good stuff. Says if they see one, they will ban them.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Sounding like the BCS gurus of the world are saying that Alabama will be #2 in the last poll. That would leave OSU out of the mix, obviously.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well, I guess there shouldn't be too much complaining on this site about the Alabama-LSU rematch, considering the opinion that the BCS is the ultimate system at determining a national champion.

For you BCS-lovers out there, your championship game has been determined. Hope you have fun watching the game on January 9th. Personally, I'm going to be busy that evening. I have no clue what I'll be doing that evening, but it will be something other than watching that farce of a game.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Well, I guess there shouldn't be too much complaining on this site about the Alabama-LSU rematch, considering the opinion that the BCS is the ultimate system at determining a national champion.

For you BCS-lovers out there, your championship game has been determined. Hope you have fun watching the game on January 9th. Personally, I'm going to be busy that evening. I have no clue what I'll be doing that evening, but it will be something other than watching that farce of a game.

Ugh the bcs suck, 1AA is where its at...

I will be having a Big Bang Theory marathon at my apartment, should be fun.