gotta hope okie state gets to the national

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Championship game and wins it. I realize bama is pretty much a lock but gundy said something ver true. Do you want to see a 9-6 national title game or a 37-35 national title game. It would he cool if okie state won it and we were the only team to beat them.

D

DistrictCyclone

Regardless of whether it's the Pokes or Bama, it's another log on the "we need a playoff" fire...and for that, I am oh so thankful.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Honestly he has no arguement. Its the sec. No way the sports hacks give tuem the nod

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
bama will get it unfortunately. Unless all non-sec voters decide to ignore the popular logic that bama is the hands-down #2 (not likely)

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Can't believe it, but I think Okie State gets in.. Va tech losing too was big. They were already 2 or 3 for the computer rankings but 5 in both polls, so they'll pass va tech and stanford in the polls and enough voters will be able to rationalize voting them #2 with the score tonight. A lot of those voters won't want a rematch and the computers loving them gives them a big edge.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I think itll be controversial as ****..good chance they will be #3 in both polls but #2 in the only one that matters.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Alabama's resume doesn't = #2. You need to have LSU play someone outside of the SEC for the National Championship.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Isn't bama like 3-1 vs top 40? Or was it top 20? I don't think they are hands down #2. I def. lean towards OSU being better than bama. They had ever advantage to beat LSU and couldn't get it done. They missed many shots at it and proved they aren't #1. They have no excauses. They are supposed to have the best home field advantage in the country. Lost at home. Should be done. We have our answer for LSU/bama. Why not get the answer for the most legitamate contender.

K

KFitzy87

I think of it this way... If a loss to ISU in double overtime is enough to keep OSU from jumping the rematch situation with Bama, then everyone seriously has it in for ISU. We made a bowl people... We're not a pushover like people make us out to be.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I think of it this way... If a loss to ISU in double overtime is enough to keep OSU from jumping the rematch situation with Bama, then everyone seriously has it in for ISU. We made a bowl people... We're not a pushover like people make us out to be.

I can see both sides.. I get the "Bama had their chance" argument..but should they be punished because their one loss was against the other team in the championship? Ignoring that part of it, Bama lost to the #1 team in the country while OSU lost to an unranked team later in the year than Bama.. I'm all for OSU getting a shot for entertainments sake, just not sure they deserve it more.. and I definately don't think they're the better of the two teams..but the only way to know that is to give OSU the shot.. hmmm..I don't know what I think.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Teach me how to Gundy. Bedlam Edition.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gztVHrPXw&feature=player_embedded]DSC 0917 - YouTube[/ame]

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I can see both sides.. I get the "Bama had their chance" argument..but should they be punished because their one loss was against the other team in the championship? Ignoring that part of it, Bama lost to the #1 team in the country while OSU lost to an unranked team later in the year than Bama.. I'm all for OSU getting a shot for entertainments sake, just not sure they deserve it more.. and I definately don't think they're the better of the two teams..but the only way to know that is to give OSU the shot.. hmmm..I don't know what I think.

Don't get hung up on the losses. Look at the teams they actually beat.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Isn't bama like 3-1 vs top 40? Or was it top 20? I don't think they are hands down #2. I def. lean towards OSU being better than bama. They had ever advantage to beat LSU and couldn't get it done. They missed many shots at it and proved they aren't #1. They have no excauses. They are supposed to have the best home field advantage in the country. Lost at home. Should be done. We have our answer for LSU/bama. Why not get the answer for
the most legitamate contender.

Yep if there is a rematch it doesn't prove anything except that LSU or ALA is the best team in the SEC. Which we already know.

Last edited:

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
So if Bama gets the chance and wins, how are they an actual champion? 1-1 against the team can not define a champion.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

That is why OSU should be #2 because we don't know. We already know that LSU is better than ALA so we need to know if LSU is better than the next best team which is OSU.