Good article on Royals

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Only interested in Oswalt short-term, but sounds like he wants long-term deal. I would have no problems signing him with club/player options/incentives for the future.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Some idiot no nothing baseball fan is gonna come on and go "it doesn't matter they are just gonna trade them all away"

Let's go royals. Will Myers and Chris Dwyer for Annibal Sanchez anyone?

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
Some idiot no nothing baseball fan is gonna come on and go "it doesn't matter they are just gonna trade them all away"

I wouldn't let Myers go. I watched him a couple weeks ago in the Arizona Fall League All Star game. He hit third and had a monster game at the plate. He was leading the AFL in most of the hitting categories. Sweet stroke. Big, powerful, and fast. He will be every bit the hitter Hosmer is if not better IMO.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Hell no! Sanchez only has one year of team control left. He'll be a FA next year.

Dwyer is only a lottery ticket with a live arm, but Myers is still a really good prospect who will hopefully provide us with years of cheap production. Don't trade him...yet.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We're about one solid starting pitcher away from making some serious noise. Not sure if Oswalt is the answer, but it seems like Dayton is going for it.

Royals: Youth cause for enthusiasm – USATODAY.com

They Royals far under their budget and it's going to be a couple of years before Hosmer, Moose, Duffy, etc., hit arbitration and start to get expensive. They can afford to get a quality FA as long as it's a short enough deal so that it doesn't hamstring their budget a few years from now.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Will Meyers was the player of the month not too long ago. I can not wait until April to see where this team goes. Going to enjoy my summers at the K on the party porch out by Frenchy. Really looking forward to Hosmer in his second year and see what Salvador Perez can do as a catcher. It's going to be a good year!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Will Meyers was the player of the month not too long ago. I can not wait until April to see where this team goes. Going to enjoy my summers at the K on the party porch out by Frenchy. Really looking forward to Hosmer in his second year and see what Salvador Perez can do as a catcher. It's going to be a good year!

We've come a long way in a couple of years. It was only 2 years ago when I was out on the party porch threatening to run onto the field and shank Jose Guillen so I wouldn't have to watch him waddle around the OF any more.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

I would only trade Myers if it brought back Clayton Kershaw or King Felix.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron